• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6600XT 1080p gaming for $379 on Aug 11

Caporegime
When did Sapphire lower the warranty then. Older stuff used to be 3 like everyone else (or at least polaris was), 580 nitro was definitely three. Did they just to decide because of shortage, we can shorten the warranty and people will just buy anyway?

Warranty on most amd cards has been reduced to 2 years for some reason.

Soldato
When did Sapphire lower the warranty then. Older stuff used to be 3 like everyone else (or at least polaris was), 580 nitro was definitely three. Did they just to decide because of shortage, we can shorten the warranty and people will just buy anyway?
Mining would be my guess. They don't want to cover cards when they'll potentially be in 24/7 use for months and years. It's a convenient excuse.

Associate
Incredibly surprised to see there is still stock (purely based on how much demand there seemed to be and how every other launch this year has sucked the stock dry in minutes). I wonder if this is the tipping point of supply/demand, ie the market is now saturated, or if the prices are just too high now for those that are left waiting to purchase.

Soldato
Honestly, still wondering if I should buy one and return my 3060Ti, there’s a little saving and I don’t use the PC much. But it’s difficult to argue since the 6600XT just isn’t that compelling. If it were £299, it would be a really good product. As it is, it’s just a bit meh.

Soldato
I think this shows that if you put out a mediocre card at high prices that it will not sell that well. Demand is / was at an all time high and these couldn’t even sell out because they are poor value.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Hopefully your balance book will be better overheads vs lack of sales :(

Sales are fantastic across the board thankfully, so even though sometimes GPU's are a headache the rest of the business is doing very well. :)

:cry: You must have skin thicker than a Triceratops Gibbo but fair play to you and the gang for making a big effort in the past few months getting users here a chance to grab cards!

Soldato
I wonder if this is the tipping point of supply/demand

Issue is price/performance with these 6600xt cards. Then the poor PCIE 8x interface and previous gen cards perform as well and even better in VRAM high bandwidth situations due to the bus size and the tiny infinity cache on these cards. Probably one of the worst new gen cards this time round, it's right up there with the 3060 from Nvidia but at least Nvidia has 12GB and better RTX and DLSS etc etc.. I honestly don't get this 6600xt card, seems the miners are the only ones that think it's great, so wondering if AMD knew this and really should have just named it AMD 6000 miners edition.

Poor show from AMD really.

OcUK Staff
Incredibly surprised to see there is still stock (purely based on how much demand there seemed to be and how every other launch this year has sucked the stock dry in minutes). I wonder if this is the tipping point of supply/demand, ie the market is now saturated, or if the prices are just too high now for those that are left waiting to purchase.

AMD have made sure this was a launch with big volumes of stock like I see over 1000 for launch with over another 1000 incoming it’s a huge improvement over previous launches and the price could be better but judging by the sales at £329 promotion then if that price was the norm there would be no stock anywhere now.

Though I do wish the £329 was a reality and not just supported on a handful of cards. I’d rather sell thousands up thousands of cards. Even better even bigger numbers at £299 but maybe this is the card that makes the difference the card AMD can pump supply off and do deals causing reactions from its competition maybe.

Let’s just hope they don’t become the next big mining target.

Soldato
The 6600xt may not be the best choice for gamers but it sure is looking like a great choice for miners

the 6600xt has a hash rate of 32mh/s at just 50w

the hash rate per watt is insane, it's a whole leap ahead of all other cards on the market.

you can quickly expect to see the 6600xt out of stock and overpriced because it's the new mining king.

Im gonna order a few myself and relist them for double price and see what happens

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-...cy-mining-king-insane-performance-efficiency/

Associate
AMD have made sure this was a launch with big volumes of stock like I see over 1000 for launch with over another 1000 incoming it’s a huge improvement over previous launches and the price could be better but judging by the sales at £329 promotion then if that price was the norm there would be no stock anywhere now.

Though I do wish the £329 was a reality and not just supported on a handful of cards. I’d rather sell thousands up thousands of cards. Even better even bigger numbers at £299 but maybe this is the card that makes the difference the card AMD can pump supply off and do deals causing reactions from its competition maybe.

Let’s just hope they don’t become the next big mining target.

I would find it very interesting to be a data analyst for OCUK me thinks :)

Associate
Got an MSI Gaming X for £420 which is a ******* steal in todays market that is trying to charge £400 still for the 2060 or 1660S, both of which are trounced by the 6600XT and it just pips the former for RT perf too.

Back
Top Bottom