• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX VEGA AIB Cards Information Needed?

Soldato
I made it very clear at Black Friday when I did the VEGA bargains that no one in the UK could compete with us and that you would never see VEGA so cheap again

Bought my rx64 LTD for considerably less than what you had them for so you want that good was you :p

Man of Honour
@Gibbo Any Idea when Stock of the RX VEGA 56's will Arrive Also will the Price Decrease Gradually or straight away as no one will pay over 500 for one of them Cards.

Got my 500 pounds Waiting for a RX VEGA 56 Strix :)

Good luck with that fella. The strix for 500 is a pipe dream me thinks. You would be lucky to get a ref card for <650 :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yea but Surely when Stock arrives the price will decrease they not going to sell at that point even to miners.

Miners will pay whatever is being asked for Vega to a point. Even at 900 it's got better ROI than pretty much any other high end video card. Very few cards are as fast as Vega for cryptography.

You'd be surprised.

Out of interest did those settings help with that 550 of yours?

Soldato

Out of interest did those settings help with that 550 of yours?
Thanks for asking. Unfortunately not. I've found my RX550 works best with an intensity between 600 and 700, which gets them to ~350H/s. I'm going to have a bit more of a play this evening, though. Maybe my bios flash (I used the 'One Click Timing Patch') wasn't optimal.

Man of Honour
Thanks for asking. Unfortunately not. I've found my RX550 works best with an intensity between 600 and 700, which gets them to ~350H/s. I'm going to have a bit more of a play this evening, though. Maybe my bios flash (I used the 'One Click Timing Patch') wasn't optimal.

I have 3 of them and the variance is massive but even the worst does 380. There is undoubtedly more in the tank :cool::D

Wrong thread - apologies lads, as you were.

Permabanned
Yea but Surely when Stock arrives the price will decrease they not going to sell at that point even to miners.

Looking at the Red Devil Vega which is in stock for £950 they probably won't drop Nitro/Strix pricing when in stock, If it sells at that price they'll keep at it until it doesn't, then it'll go down.

Plus the Vega 56 Nitro is in stock at £900.

Man of Honour
I mean I own a 56 and wouldn't pay these prices for it unless I was going to put it to work. My 56 has mined a total of about £180 in the last 39 days so even at current prices your looking at a bit over 4 months for it to pay for itself assuming your not one of these fellas who has this weird conscience argument. "wont you think of the gamers!", dude I am a gamer! - But in all seriousness, I do genuinely love Vega! It's like the swiss army knife of gfx cards, well I love it at the £380 intro price I paid for my ref card, not so much at the 900! Mind you if I saw a couple hanging around the £600 mark I would probably buy as many as I could afford, by that I mean just the one or two :D

Soldato
I mean I own a 56 and wouldn't pay these prices for it unless I was going to put it to work. My 56 has mined a total of about £180 in the last 39 days so even at current prices your looking at a bit over 4 months for it to pay for itself assuming your not one of these fellas who has this weird conscience argument. "wont you think of the gamers!", dude I am a gamer! - But in all seriousness, I do genuinely love Vega! It's like the swiss army knife of gfx cards, well I love it at the £380 intro price I paid for my ref card, not so much at the 900! Mind you if I saw a couple hanging around the £600 mark I would probably buy as many as I could afford, by that I mean just the one or two :D
I think whoever has a waterloop and bought VEGA for the RRP is onto a winner.

Associate
Lol at the MSI "RADEON RX VEGA 56 AIR BOOST" £560 for a reference card with a cheaper shroud on the heatsink (and possibly no vapour chamber if this mirrors their cheapo Nvidia blowers).

How do you know it’s so bad? Blower coolers have their applications. It’s now £438 at a competitor whilst a 1070ti is now under £400.

Edit:Sorry to resurrect the thread, but I am trying to find out how this card performs. There isn’t much info out there and I’d like a blower card as normal AIB coolers can’t breathe against the PSU in the evolv itx.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom