RyanAir

Soldato
Another rant.

RyanAir is THE worst airline ever. The new ''cabin baggage'' allowance now only allows a small bag under the seat, standard cabin bag size costs extra.
I have also just checked in and to sit next to my girlfriend costs an extra £20! Random allocation seated us in row 16 and row 2.

Has anyone flown with the rapists recently and have any tips to avoid these ridiculous fees? All other airlines at least allocate seats next to each other when checking in where possible instead of apart for no extra cost.

Soldato
Yep, they're scam artists. Unless you pay their system purposefully splits you up, even if there's plenty of available seats in a row etc.

easyJet are far better on that count.

Soldato
OP
I have just looked and I have a free seat either side of me. If I want my girlfriend to be sat their instead of at the front of the plane, it will cost another £19

Soldato
Whilst there practises are rather scammy I have never had an issue on a Ryanair flight or with boarding and used them quite a lot over the last five years.

Plus they have the better looking women some of them bootys though :D

Soldato
I think some of you need to look up the definition of a scam, it doesn’t make sense in this context.

It’s a budget airline. They get you to your destination with no frills whatsoever for a cheap price. Expect very little and to pay for any “luxury” which other airlines charge you for in the base fee. I accept the baggage allowance is quite stingy and it’s declined considerably in recent years, but is it really a big deal not sitting next to your girlfriend for a period likely to be less than 2 hours! Chances are you will be speaking a weekend/week with her anyway so stick some headphones in and watch something on your iPad and enjoy the time apart :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I’m booked on a Ryanair flight to Budapest on Monday. I’m not bothered about paying as it’ll be business expenses but the faff of paying for a cabin bag. Ugh.

Soldato
O'Leary is a complete and utter scumbag, he deliberately flounts whatever he can for as long as he can then when he is about to be took to court will change his practises, I believe he thinks the CAA laws are merely advisories.

I will only use RyanAir to fly to Dublin, any other flights I avoid them totally and have even not booked holidays because the flights were with them.

Soldato
Another rant.

RyanAir is THE worst airline ever. The new ''cabin baggage'' allowance now only allows a small bag under the seat, standard cabin bag size costs extra.
I have also just checked in and to sit next to my girlfriend costs an extra £20! Random allocation seated us in row 16 and row 2.

Has anyone flown with the rapists recently and have any tips to avoid these ridiculous fees? All other airlines at least allocate seats next to each other when checking in where possible instead of apart for no extra cost.

Where've you been? The seat randomisation I believe was introduced last year, and the baggage change introduced early this year.

Unfortunately no way around it apart from flying with someone else, although you'll likely end up paying more than the cost of your flight and bags.

Man of Honour
Does it still work out cheaper than other airlines with the charge for cabin luggage? If so I cant see what the problem is, this is what ryanair are known for.

Looking at their website you can get priority boarding + 2 cabin bags for up to £12.

The seating is complete ******** though, I've been flying with them to Europe for over a decade and as long as we booked under one purchase we've usually managed to get seats together. Nowadays i'm sure the algorithm or whatever they use purposely seats you apart to get you to pay extra to sit together. Luckily I've rarely had a full flight and people are usually willing to swap.

Not too sure about Easyjet and their costs but if you're with Three you can get free 'Hands Free' cabin luggage which means you can check your hand luggage into the hold for free and take a small tote bag of stuff on board the plane. You do have to wait for your luggage at the carousel but it's one of the first ones out (+ boarding straight after priority).

Man of Honour
Thanks dude just reminded me to reserve 2 seats :p
I despise Ryan air but i want to fly from Stansted for once and their times were best.

We flew with Ryanair once, to Stockholm, (allegedly), took longer on the bus from wherever we landed, to get to Stockholm, than the actual flying time we endured, plus at 07.45, they wouldn’t sell me water or coffee, but offered me alcohol instead.
Thinking that we’d just been unlucky that time, a few years later we booked with Ryanair again, as the flight times were good to get to Faro, Portugal.
The boarding process at Stansted, (no seat allocation), was vaguely reminiscent of the scenes on the U.S. embassy roof in Saigon, when the Vietnamese were fighting for a seat on the last helicopters out.
That was enough for us, I’d rather pay double with BA, Air France, Iberia, or TAP than use that shower again.
Please don’t tell me that you love them to bits, and have always been happy to use them, I believe you okay, I hope that you’ll always enjoy using them, they’re just not for us.

Associate
well they seem to be struggling despite their customer service ....

Literally its just a taxi in the sky - get on and get off where you want for the cheapest price

Its what most people want!

Back
Top Bottom