• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Permabanned
To be honest, that Firestrike Physics score does not impress me greatly. My lowly 1700 clocked at 3.8Ghz managed a 20,447 Physics score https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14995431
I hope we can put this result down to a rubbish ram speed and the cheapest GPU they could find laying around in the bin.

Here you go, Physics score has dropped as has combined score.
All i changed was the multi from 38 to 34. GPU is clocked the same, as is the ram

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/15120487

The graphics cards are different - you use an GTX 1080 Ti, they used GTX 1080.

Caporegime
That has no effect on the Physics scores ^^^ :)

Here you go, Physics score has dropped as has combined score.
All i changed was the multi from 38 to 34. GPU is clocked the same, as is the ram

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/15120487

Pretty much identical to the 1700X on that chart, ok, so again this score can be achieved with a 1700 or X or 1800X and easily.

So i don't know what to make on it, at 3.8Ghz you're scoring pretty much the same.

Not much to see here.

Soldato
To be honest, that Firestrike Physics score does not impress me greatly. My lowly 1700 clocked at 3.8Ghz managed a 20,447 Physics score https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14995431
I hope we can put this result down to a rubbish ram speed and the cheapest GPU they could find laying around in the bin.
You really can't compare someone else's result in a benchmark to your own like that, there are too many variables in play. Your result is well within the margin of error that you'd expect when comparing to those results so that's fine. You can only truly compare results using the same system with a swapped out CPU.

Soldato
I don't accept it. When you compare, you must use everything identical.

Then you obviously don't know much about the way "Physics" scores work on 3D Mark benchmarks. It's totally based on the CPU and has nothing to do with the GPU. In the 2 Firestrike benches i have just posted everthing is identical, only the CPU speed was changed.

Permabanned
Then you obviously don't know much about the way "Physics" scores work on 3D Mark benchmarks. It's totally based on the CPU and has nothing to do with the GPU. In the 2 Firestrike benches i have just posted everthing is identical, only the CPU speed was changed.

That is not true. Either you are trying to prove that the leaked results are fake or I don't know...
You have everything different - the memory is different, the motherboard, the settings, the OS, the drivers, the graphics card.

And yes, a more powerful graphics card will influence the result in the positive direction.

Soldato
You really can't compare someone else's result in a benchmark to your own like that, there are too many variables in play. Your result is well within the margin of error that you'd expect when comparing to those results so that's fine. You can only truly compare results using the same system with a swapped out CPU.

I'm 100% certain that if my 1700 could run at 4.2Ghz, it would blow that Physics result out of the water.
I'm guessing there result is that bad because of the ram speed they were running.

Soldato
That is not true. Either you are trying to prove that the leaked results are fake or I don't know...
You have everything different - the memory is different, the motherboard, the settings, the OS, the drivers, the graphics card.

And yes, a more powerful graphics card will influence the result in the positive direction.

I'm not trying to prove they are fake. I have every intention of upgrading..............................was just annoyed they couldn't be arsed to use proper ram at a proper speed.

Caporegime
Some one is always predicting an AMD downfall and have been for more than two decades, it becomes louder and more pernicious the more success AMD are having. the last time it was as loud as this soon after AMD's share price grew by 350% in just a few weeks.

Caporegime
That was 2015, pre-Ryzen...

Admittedly things did look bad for them in that era, but I doubt the same prediction remains.

Yeah... that ^^^^ just makes my point.

Some one is always predicting an AMD downfall and have been for more than two decades, it becomes louder and more pernicious the more success AMD are having. the last time it was as loud as this soon after AMD's share price grew by 350% in just a few weeks.

Soldato
Soldato
This thread!

So many ups and downs.

Benchmarks are run at stock for launch and the enthusiasts will always overclock to show how good they can get their chips. You can’t compare a “leaked” bench from an unannounced processor probably at stock to a “mature” platform chip that has been tweaked for performance.

I’m waiting for the paper launch to compare paper specs of a 1700X to a 2700X and then real benchmarks from reputable sources to compare benchmarks done on identical kit.

My everything is crossed for a good release with a meaty upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom