• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
I don't accept it. When you compare, you must use everything identical.

Pity then that WCCFTEC didn't actually post a link to the Firestrike benchmark for the 2700X like they did for the 1700X and 1800X. Because if they did we would know what hardware they were using. At least with my posts, i have always used the same hardware at the same clocks other than the downclock to 3.4Ghz.

Permabanned
What does an article from 2015 have to do with this thread, or anything for that matter? I mean seriously, wtf?

In some american forums it was described how there is a whole organisation of people who write (for money) in forums so as they tilt the balance in advantageous for the powers direction.

and

Did Nvidia Hire Online Actors to Promote Their Products? https://consumerist.com/2006/02/06/did-nvidia-hire-online-actors-to-promote-their-products/

and

Many forums in China all have various articles about Kepler being inexpensive, HD7900 will plummet in price etc. Looking at the internation forums, there isn't any reports about it. All the editors "uncovering leaked" information in the major forums is clearly NV's (Nvidia) PR using the flooder(people who mass comment on forums) army to suppress the HD7900's selling and its lead. I will lock any Chiphell posts, and I hope that any other members reposting [GF104 rumors] will self-discipline.

rough chinese translation. ALL of the posts related to kepler being 299$ from chiphell, and speculated performance, were from marketing shills (proven by the owners of the forum) and have been banned.

Keep it classy Nvidia.
https://hardforum.com/threads/stay-...d-at-chiphell-kepler-rumors-debunked.1668756/

Caporegime

About a week ago, The Consumerist stumbled upon claims made by various gaming websites (specifically, Elite ******** and [Update: a poster on the forums at] Beyond3D) that graphics chip manufacturer Nvidia, in cooperation with the Arbuthnot Entertainment Group (AEG), had seeded various gaming and PC hardware enthusiast sites with pro-Nvidia shills. That is to say, that AEG would hire employees to create ‘personas’ in various gaming communities, slowly building up the trust of other members by frequent posting unrelated to Nvidia, to later cash in that trust with message board postings talking up the positive qualities of Nvidia’s products.

nVidia shills, This sort of crap has been going on for years, a decade or more, eventually they are not difficult to spot because they start to become somewhat surreal personalities in their doggedness promoting and defending nVidia, almost as if they are paid to do it :D

Soldato
Well, I am excited. I would love to replace my 1600 CPU so it can sit in the basement, and be turned on for a few minutes every few weeks for updates lol. (Two jobs and house repair/decorating really sucks up my time lol)

Last edited:
Soldato
Which goes back to first release of Ryzen Sites like these used cheap crap spec low speed ram to do benches. In other words, the results are crap because the site is paid to make the results look crap.

Problem this time around is it will be plainly obvious to anyone who the dodgey review sites are this time round, everyone and their grandma knows how Ryzen responds to memory, anyone reviewing Ryzen with rubbish ram will get called out on it, i fully expect a few to still do it and cover their trails with the disclaimer of "were benchmarking like for like against our original reviews" knowing full well that their earlier reviews were also junk.

Whats ironic is the amount of users with Ryzen rigs who will be running decent ram will make these reviews look ridiculous, but it wont stop the damage done to AMD, as the everyday joe is still going to see how this rig compares to an Intel rig with the same ram and see Intel is still better.

What i want to see is proper reviews with stock cpu's and rubbish ram, then stock cpu and decent ram, followed by OC'd CPU with rubbish ram and then OC'd CPU with decent ram, that will paint a truer picture of what you can expect to get for your money.

Soldato
AMD can always send review guides together with the processors, in order to assure fair reviews.

not really, as reviewers state if they are allowed to review with free reign or with limits - above would be classed as vendor/provider limited .

most good receivers tend to bench across ram speeds - we wont see from launch review, but aweek or 3 should see more concentrated reviews against older gen to see any IMC/IPC at same clock speeds etc.

to be fair, day one review- 90% of people just want to see how fast it goes .... safe to say ther is optimisations in though :D

Soldato
What i want to see is proper reviews with stock cpu's and rubbish ram, then stock cpu and decent ram, followed by OC'd CPU with rubbish ram and then OC'd CPU with decent ram, that will paint a truer picture of what you can expect to get for your money.

Yep, i would want to see the same type of reviews as well. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Associate
Assuming no 2800x at the moment, it could be very likely its squirted out in a few months with the updated threadripper line to fill in the blank between 27xx and 29xx
A nice fat bump to the clocks on a more mature process would be nice and keep the pressure on intel all through the year.

Also nice to see the added 10wTDP, even if it doesnt need it the 2700x might use that headroom for overclockage.

Soldato
Oh come on DragonQ you're acting like i'm an Intel shill, there is good reason to think they are fake and i gave them, this still doesn't make them real.
I was sceptical too but I also said it was possible they were just early in-progress slides rather than complete fakes. I admit, I am ribbing you a bit.

Back
Top Bottom