• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen "2" ?

Soldato
Not sure if I want good reviews or not... If it's negligible, then I may just buy a new motherboard and keep this 1600X for another year, which will be much cheaper. On the other hand, 2 more cores is tempting :p

Soldato
People still game at 720P?
Taken the GPU out of the equation to see CPU performance.

Looks like they are killing it. That family and price comparison at the start of Anandtechs review between the two generations should be applauded. A faster simpler processor family for less than the older generation? Brilliant.

Soldato
The whole point of benchmarking at 720P is to insure the CPU not the GPU is doing all of the work.

Makes it kinda irrelevant though. But we all know we're GPU bottlenecked at the moment anyway. Anyone paying more money for little FPS gain is a mug IMO, concentrate on the "smoothness" and frame times etc and you'll get more for your money.

Soldato
To be honest, as a 1700 owner i was tempted to go to the 2700X and just leave it at stock, you get wicked single threaded perf for gaming and where games want more cores you have the reserve in the tank! im still buying an Xbox One X though and waiting out til 7nm Vega, to be fair the Refresh looks immense, and only makes me think 7nm Vega will have intel running scared now.

As a current Ryzen 1700 owner im less inclined to ugprade right now though.

Back
Top Bottom