RYZEN 5 2600 AMD BUNDLE

Soldato
Just thought a couple of other things to try (the second is a PITA, mind!):

1. Try clearing the CMOS and then trying all the steps above again with just CPU, GPU and one RAM stick in different slots.
2. Take everything out of the case and try the above with the board laying on the outside of its box, or a similar surface. It's possible (not likely, but possible) that something in your case is shorting out something on the board.

Soldato
it is very brief in the manual stating that if lights are on then theres a fault doesn't say about a short period on start up.

See, that definintely doesn't rule out the possiblity of a graphics card fault. Have you used this card in another machine?

if i clear the CMOS will it wipe the supposedly updated bios though?

No, it won't erase or revert the BIOS, but it will set it back to stock settings for that BIOS version and remove any changes that were made to the settings in the BIOS.

Soldato
been trying at this for like 7 hours, I'm gonna have to sleep and try again in the morning ill create a video and link it

Yeah, I feel for you, man! I know how bloody frustrating these problems can be! I reckon almost all of us on this forum have been in the position of tearing our hair out over some intractable damned PC problem at some point.

Soldato
One more thing just occurred to me before I go to bed - try unplugging the pc from the wall and holding down the power button for ten seconds.

I can't remember exactly why this sometimes helps (something to do with discharging capacitors I think) but it did help me solve a similar problem on a Kaveri system a couple of years ago (ifI totally forgotten about this until it poured into my head just now).

Associate
OP
right round 2 , i have all day lets get this infernal thing working :) i have made a video sorry if its poor quality it does auto focus at times :/ i hope this helps you get a better ida of whats happening,did i mention now that the VGA lights goes after around 20-30 seconda and i just have a red BOOT light then . but still no display
here is the video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj1soTPQ4tg&feature=youtu.be

Soldato
Yeah, that could well be a GPU problem. I presume you've tried it in different PCIe slots?

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest doing the two things I mentioned:
1. The unplug from the wall and hold down power for ten seconds thing.
2. Clear CMOS.

Did you hear anything from OcUK regarding the BIOS update?

Also, any way you could borrow a cheap video card from friends or family to try a different GPU if none of the above work?

Soldato
Hard to say. Could well be a faulty gpu, but I don't think we can rule out the BIOS problem or some other motherboard fault 100% either.

Given you've tried everything I can think of, I'd recommend detailing all of these issues and what you've tried in the customer service forum.

Did you buy the gpu from OcUK as well?

Back
Top Bottom