• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I don’t know what to do pre order it here on Overclockers or just wait it out as other e tailers are advertising much cheaper pricing but as the old addage goes this in itself can be a false positive as if they are not in stock once they do become available then the price goes up. So if I do end up pre ordering what sort of wait do you assume I would be looking at.

Some are paying over 949 on auction sites, crazy fools.

Associate
Fingers crossed for this week boys.

also I have a question - not sure how overclockers works, but included in my order for 5800x I also had a B550 Tomahawk (and some other stuff). The mobo was in stock when I ordered it but it’s out of stock now, will one have been allocated to me or?

I don’t want the situation where say the CPU comes in stock tomorrow but then I’m waiting for motherboards to come back again! :D:confused:

Yes, they state it in the delay emails, that whatever was in stock for the bundle during the time of order will be reserved for you, until delayed item comes in stock, then all of them will be shipped to you. This obviously bars any human errors in warehouses, where someone picks your items by accident and sell it to someone else. In these case we can do jack ****, same as we can't do anything about website claiming that our orders were actually pre-orders.

Soldato
I don’t know what to do pre order it here on Overclockers or just wait it out as other e tailers are advertising much cheaper pricing but as the old addage goes this in itself can be a false positive as if they are not in stock once they do become available then the price goes up. So if I do end up pre ordering what sort of wait do you assume I would be looking at.

Some are paying over 949 on auction sites, crazy fools.

Because OCUK keep pre-orders open they will have a huge backlog to fill compared to other retailers. All retailers will be restocked, others will go on sale, OCUK's will fill pre-orders.

OCUK offer a 'click and forget' service, other retailers you have you keep checking.

Associate
The deciding factor for me, released on the 5th and now 11 days later still the EU and the uk have no stock, No ETA given, just the usual we are working with our suppliers to obtain supplies ASAP and what you do see is 30 here and forty there and mostly the 5600x so grabbed this 5950x

Associate
The deciding factor for me, released on the 5th and now 11 days later still the EU and the uk have no stock, No ETA given, just the usual we are working with our suppliers to obtain supplies ASAP and what you do see is 30 here and forty there and mostly the 5600x so grabbed this 5950x
What is the RRP price becuase it varies.

Associate
Thanks guys for that, so do you agree I should wait or what are you all doing regarding this 5950 I was looking at the threadripper 3970 for 1.4K was nearly going to go with that but I dont do any cad work or even video edition and would be wasted on me except for some movie editing but thsi 5950 seems a more sensible upgrade.

Associate
So after turning up at 5pm as per the thread title and being 3 hours behind everyone, I didn't even bother with the pre-order. I put my hopes on snagging one somewhere else. Luckily on Friday I managed to snag a 5950x and ASUS x570-E Gaming mobo bundle, which worked out £10 cheaper than buying them seperately, I can claim £40 back with an ASUS promo and the 5950x came pre-installed with the mobo bios flashed up-to-date, so it's safe to say I'm pretty happy with how that all worked out :D

Associate
So after turning up at 5pm as per the thread title and being 3 hours behind everyone, I didn't even bother with the pre-order. I put my hopes on snagging one somewhere else. Luckily on Friday I managed to snag a 5950x and ASUS x570-E Gaming mobo bundle, which worked out £10 cheaper than buying them seperately, I can claim £40 back with an ASUS promo and the 5950x came pre-installed with the mobo bios flashed up-to-date, so it's safe to say I'm pretty happy with how that all worked out :D

Crazy like a fox! Well done mate.

Back
Top Bottom