• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
In other news, I finally managed to get my 5900X to boot, hurrah!

Unfortunately now it's randomly crashing in Windows and generating: "a fatal hardware error has occurred. reported by component processor core" in the event log. Need to do some more testing but it's not looking good for this CPU...

What mobo and bios version do you have?

Associate
In other news, I finally managed to get my 5900X to boot, hurrah!

Unfortunately now it's randomly crashing in Windows and generating: "a fatal hardware error has occurred. reported by component processor core" in the event log. Need to do some more testing but it's not looking good for this CPU...

...there's probably chipset software to install also...I expect you've done that?

Associate
So 40th in the queue for a 5800x, what's the chances of getting one this week.........
I don’t know...found 5600, 5800 in stock at other e-tailers across Europe but not uk. Because lockdown, brexit and major delays at ports nobody wants to send anything here by the looks of it.

Associate
I think that's part of the problem, scalpers have clocked on after the 3000 series Nvidia cards, and have had in hard purchasing, which obviously inflates demand even higher then it would be which, guess what, also plays into the hands of the scalpers.

I appreciate there is no legislation, private companies can do what they want, but be good if they could at least realistically expect to cover the majority of demand when they release something, not like 10% (or less) and end up with this ****.

Most of Overclockers competitors are selling the CPU at retail price. They haven't increase the price, unlike ScalperOverClockers

Associate
What mobo and bios version do you have?

MSI X570 Tomahawk, bios is 7C84v14. There's one newer beta version with SAM support which I'll try for the sake of exhausting all possibilities.

...there's probably chipset software to install also...I expect you've done that?

Yup, didn't seem to make any difference. The crashes seem quite random, had it run happily through lots of test cycles without issue but I've also had it only makes a 1-2 cycles before rebooting, go to load a program and again instant reboot.

Associate
I'm in position 251, down from position 269 a week ago and 331 on the 6th November. I'd say slim.

I can confirm these aren't deliveries that are causing the movement from 269 -> 251 (must be people cancelling orders)

I've been under 10th in the queue for about 2 weeks now :(

Associate
I can confirm these aren't deliveries that are causing the movement from 269 -> 251 (must be people cancelling orders)

I've been under 10th in the queue for over 2 weeks now :(
Was thinking that. So we're all just waiting on one big shipment, that hopefully has more than 251 items :)

Soldato
Competitor is a joke too really

We did not receive the expected shipments of 5950X over the weekend. These are still due to arrive and we are chasing for an update on when this will be. This week we are also expecting shipments of 5900X and 5800X. Quantities are currently unknown but we will update as soon as we get further confirmation.

The only stock that has arrived so far is 30x 5800X on WC 16/11.
All the rest is TBC and delayed (or 'Deylayed')

I think they should cancel everyones preorders and refund the money. Then when they do have stock email those who placed the orders / preorders that stock is available for them to buy.

Associate
Ah that really sucks man :(, I'm really worried about the motherboard i bought from the same place , by the time I actually get a zen 3 cpu it will be months into the warranty without it leaving its box.
Exactly man...exactly...luckily in my case the bolton tech rep on the phone was tech savvy and issued my rma straight away for a full refund..now waiting on a x570 e gaming from another place lol so

Associate
@Gibbo as well as the update thread regarding deliveries of Zen 3 CPUs, any chance of giving us a rundown of how big the backlog is for them? It would be nice to see it going down, so I can prepare funds for the motherboard and other ancilliary components I'm going to want at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom