• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

CSB

CSB

Associate
I am just a bit confused tbh.

I ordered a 5900x on release day (all be it late) and was given a queue position of 517. Then we were told OC was getting 300 5900x in from their distro, but to expect less as some go missing.

Well... seeing as in this whole time I have only moved 60 places (down to 457). Either OC have had 80% of their shipment stolen, they are lying about the queue position, or... I honestly don't know the 3rd possibility.

That 300 was just one order as well. It's been multiple weeks now. Maybe time to get trading standards involved as this seems to be more than just AMD having **** stock. You can't seriously be saying only 60 got to OC since the initial sell out.

It's more likely that OC are reserving stock to fulfill system build orders.

Associate
Just had a reply from OCUK web note support.

So get this right they refuse to give me an update saying management won't let them.
I **** you not they genuinely are saying they can not update me on stock arrival expectations because higher ups refuse to give out the info.

@Gibbo this is abysmal customer service your firm has.

Soldato
Just had a reply from OCUK web note support.

So get this right they refuse to give me an update saying management won't let them.
I **** you not they genuinely are saying they can not update me on stock arrival expectations because higher ups refuse to give out the info.

@Gibbo this is abysmal customer service your firm has.

love coming in this thread and seeing comments like this, stinks of entitlement.

Wait or get a refund, quiet simple.

Associate
I am just a bit confused tbh.

I ordered a 5900x on release day (all be it late) and was given a queue position of 517. Then we were told OC was getting 300 5900x in from their distro, but to expect less as some go missing.

Well... seeing as in this whole time I have only moved 60 places (down to 457). Either OC have had 80% of their shipment stolen, they are lying about the queue position, or... I honestly don't know the 3rd possibility.

That 300 was just one order as well. It's been multiple weeks now. Maybe time to get trading standards involved as this seems to be more than just AMD having **** stock. You can't seriously be saying only 60 got to OC since the initial sell out.

Why? The queue email was sent to customers who didn't get a cpu on day 1. Gibbo clearly said in the other thread that the 300 5900x weren't expected with the distributor until the 24th (this was on the 11th) . Assuming they arrive on time, and in this climate that's far from a given, they may be with OCUK some point this week. There was also some unofficial stock expected too, which could be part of the movement in the queue or have gone into prebuilt systems.

Associate
In other news, I finally managed to get my 5900X to boot, hurrah!

Unfortunately now it's randomly crashing in Windows and generating: "a fatal hardware error has occurred. reported by component processor core" in the event log. Need to do some more testing but it's not looking good for this CPU...

Latest bios? If it's the SAM enabled beta, you might want to downgrade (or upgrade to it if you haven't tried it).

Soldato
Leave your attitude at the door please.

If someone's already parted with their money, they've every right to chase a retailer for an update on delivery of the goods.
Gibbo provides daily updates on stock, plus you've got the queue emails.

It's well documented that you'd be put in a queue, at least that way you'll actually get one rather than constantly visiting websites daily to try and find one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gibbo provides daily updates on stock, plus you've got the queue emails.

It's well documented that you'd be put in a queue, at least that way you'll actually get one rather than constantly visiting websites daily to try and find one.

I personally think queues are not worth the hassle judging by the volume of angry people. OcUK seem to agree judging by the AMD 6000 series GPU launch.

Same as in the Nvidia thread for over 2 months. No news means no news. And no need to shoot the messenger, you should call AMDs support hotline rather than OCUK.

This. The people asking for updates basically just want to hear their product is shipping now, that’s all they’re interested in.

Associate
Does anyone have any idea of performance in CPU heavy games - I play a lot of Paradox games (EU4, HOI4) and was wondering how nicely they perform here, i've seen a review for Civ 6 turn time but that's it.

Associate
Latest bios? If it's the SAM enabled beta, you might want to downgrade (or upgrade to it if you haven't tried it).

It's the version prior to the SAM beta, figured it was the safer bet but will try the beta anyway just to see if it helps as I'm almost out of other things to try.

On the bright side, at least I didn't cancel my order with OcUK after getting this one as there's no way the shop will have spares to replace with.

Associate
love coming in this thread and seeing comments like this, stinks of entitlement.

Wait or get a refund, quiet simple.
People like you are the reason why companies can keep doing what they want, go and pat them on a head, make sure to slip some money before you leave.

Associate
People like you are the reason why companies can keep doing what they want, go and pat them on a head, make sure to slip some money before you leave.

Shut up and be grateful for the wonderful and gracious thing these companies do for you! Don't be so entitled! Yes you may have literally given your money to a company that has not provided a product yet, but moaning about it is entitled - entitled to what exactly? The product you paid for?! Pfft - that stinks of entitlement.

Associate
Same as in the Nvidia thread for over 2 months. No news means no news. And no need to shoot the messenger, you should call AMDs support hotline rather than OCUK.

Ah, that's not the way retail works. If Tesco have no milk then I ask Tesco when they'll have it back in. I don't go calling the farmer, or indeed the Dairy group who supplies Tesco.

I don't know who the distributor is that takes care of CPU's transport logistics on behalf of AMD. Of course AMD are chipmakers, not a transport firm or a transport agent (those firms that book transport with logistics firms). Can't imagine AMD providing detailed answers.

I have spoken ;)

Soldato
So much moanng in this thread.

Everyone is in the same boat even from different suppliers. There is very little information on the supply from any of them or even AMD. If you want the chips you will have to wait and if you don't want to secure your places then cancel your orders. It's moaning for the sake of moaning.

Back
Top Bottom