• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
I'm seeing a lot of people saying the 5800x is placed poorly in the AMD lineup, and to either go 5600x or 5900x.

Is this the case? Toying with the idea of upgrading. Currently running a 6700k.

Soldato
I'm seeing a lot of people saying the 5800x is placed poorly in the AMD lineup, and to either go 5600x or 5900x.

It's not poorly placed, poorly priced definitely.

Mine runs all cores boosting to 5ghz with a very basic overclock (PBO + 150mhz), it does run a bit toasty, so you need a good cooler, which again adds to the cost, but saying that it's looking like all of the 5000 series are running hot.

Stu

Stu

Soldato

If you want to save money then go for the 5600x. If you have the funds, the 5900x is not much more expensive than the 5800x considering you get 50% more cores.

Soldato
Screw Barclays!!!!!!!!

Edit: so might have got an order in after 3 attempts and a page refresh with payment and Barclays usual mess. Hopefully this means I just need to get the custom cables sorted and I am good to go.

Last edited:
Associate
Well my DPD have just been. Wife has wrapped it and put it under the tree... Now i have to wait again......ERRRRRRRR

Open it, take the chip out and re-wrap the empty Ryzen box... She'll never know as long as you don't open the box properly on Xmas morning!

Associate
Well my DPD have just been. Wife has wrapped it and put it under the tree... Now i have to wait again......ERRRRRRRR
I feel your pain, seeing it sat there everyday

Boys what are you doing :p just install them now, but then what's another week waiting? Lol, probably the best Christmas presents apart from a new GPU, are they gifts from the Mrs?

Associate
Boys what are you doing :p just install them now, but then what's another week waiting? Lol, probably the best Christmas presents apart from a new GPU, are they gifts from the Mrs?

indeed, what they need to do is open it then install it when their partners are out, stick the old cpu in the box then just act super happy come Christmas morning :D

Soldato
Yep - order didn't seem to be working, so tried selecting next day delivery for 5 pound extra and it went through

I've updated previous post.

That fair enough. Was just making sure I wasn't having a moment and missed something :p In no rush since I can't get the custom cables done for another few weeks. Congrats though. I am still worried it will get cancelled after having tried 3 times to get one and no luck.

Back
Top Bottom