• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
Even the scalpers are staying clear? I'm shocked lol

I already have a 3950x bought on release and would very much like to swap to a 5950x. When my local "Indian" has them in stock, that's where i will buy it.
One thing is for sure though, after all the "scalping" done by OCUK over the last 4 months or so, i won't be making any more purchases from them.

Soldato
Even the scalpers are staying clear? I'm shocked lol

OCUK paid more for the stock so I guess they are in a bit of a tricky situation. Especially as more stock seems to be coming through at msrp, or close to it. I don’t see the point in paying over the odds now, the stock situation seems to be improving all the time and it won’t be long until they are much easier to get hold of.

Associate
One retail company pulled all thier zen 3 listings due to bad press and being review bombed, retailers take note, your rep is gonna take a hit if you scalp by big margins.

Already has. Overclockers on Trustpilot has already fallen to 4 stars and I see them mentioned on various forums as 'one to avoid'.

The fact they use the excuse of 'grey sourcing' some of their products as an excuse to scalp the prices of all of their products is yet another example of the ethics of this company. They are just making a fast buck off suckers who can't wait a few months to get something they want. Their fanboys will only be able to allow them to keep doing this for so long before it all comes crashing down around their heads. They make be making a fast buck now but it will eventually come back to haunt them!

Caporegime
Already has. Overclockers on Trustpilot has already fallen to 4 stars and I see them mentioned on various forums as 'one to avoid'.

The fact they use the excuse of 'grey sourcing' some of their products as an excuse to scalp the prices of all of their products is yet another example of the ethics of this company. They are just making a fast buck off suckers who can't wait a few months to get something they want. Their fanboys will only be able to allow them to keep doing this for so long before it all comes crashing down around their heads. They make be making a fast buck now but it will eventually come back to haunt them!
In the news today: govt estimates that 30% of all furlough claims could be fraudulent.

30%. One in three.

That is why I view *all* companies with mistrust and suspicion. Ethics in business is the first thing to be jettisoned.

In the middle of a crisis (global pandemic) many companies just wanted to make a quick buck (illegally) at taxpayers' expense.

Tells you all you need to know about corporate ethics.

Imho the result of fraudulent furlough claims should be jail time for those involved.

Associate
279th in the queue now for 5900x, probably one of the last few still waiting! Glad I'm in some sort of queue as work doesn't permit me to be able to pick up any stock that turns up anywhere else : /

Done my first custom hardline cooling setup in a lian li od11xl been sitting here for months waiting on a cpu/gpu. Will be using the 1080ti for now from my current computer once i get the cpu

Seems I can't workout how to post pics. :/

BgQIfOD

BgQIfOD

Associate
bit extreme foxeye ha ha

Hardly , in full agreement. Its Fraud plain and simple

On topic mind the only reason ocuk still has my money after all these months of waiting is because of the good will they've given in the past in regards to months old 970 returns and previously being extremely helpful. After this OCUK we are even and any more will have me take my thousands each year spent here take else where. Final straw from what most would consider a fan boy.

Associate

I decided to wait for another retailer who was selling at MRSP to have stock. Meanwhile my mate pre ordered at launch. I got mine a day quicker than him in the end and saved a whack of cash also :) . Now playing the same game with 3080

Associate
I cant wait to see stock every where for all new hardware, then it will be down to price not supply and scalping people. then company's will see if the scalping was worth it. or the customer loyalty fractured from scalping and greed.

Soldato
I decided to wait for another retailer who was selling at MRSP to have stock. Meanwhile my mate pre ordered at launch. I got mine a day quicker than him in the end and saved a whack of cash also :) . Now playing the same game with 3080

Yep, the MRSP wait is the way to go. The blatant profiteering isn't just limited to 5000 series cpu's though. As i type OCUK's price for a 3950x that has been in stock for a year is £698.99, on release i paid £624.99 from OCUK. I can go to my local "Indian" a buy a 3950x in the morning for £650.....................once again OCUK showing themselves for the scalpers they are :mad:

Associate
Position 56 Friday 11th of December.
OCUK gets over 100 5900x over the week.
Position 9 Saturday 19th of December.

The sales on the phone told me it would be coming monday/tuesday.

Cannot wait to see it tomorrow... Right? OCUK?

Back
Top Bottom