• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Cancelled my 5900x order somewhere else, should have arrived 22nd Dec then got delayed with no further date :(
Ordered a 5800x here Monday, hopefully they'll despatch it this week so I can finally finish the build I started in April :)

Order has been despatched :)
Should arrive Monday, drop it into the PC, run it for a week to test then strip it all out and start my first water cooled build ;)

Associate
Got sick of waiting for a 5900x to be available so just bought a 5800x today for £400. Picked it up an hour later and installed it :) Now all I need is a decent GPU :)

Soldato
how do you go about "picking up" a CPU given that a trip to a PC store is not "essential" in these Covid times? :)
Quite a lot of both 'essential' and 'non-essential' retailers have click and collect systems set up, including ocuk.

If you were questioning the shoulds and should nots and whether it should be legal or not etc then there is a whole subforum covering that kind of thing :p : https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/community/covid-19-coronavirus-discussion.181/

Associate
Very tempted to give up and go for a 5800x as well

sick of waiting don't even know if my other parts are working or not

Only gaming so doubt ill really miss the extra 4 cores :(

Last edited:
Soldato

Same situation but I don't upgrade my CPU that often so I'm staying strong! And also, I just know the moment I order a 5800x the 5900x will come in stock!

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I'm still waiting at other place... Can't believe no shipments of 5900x for all Jan.. looks like I'm gonna miss out on the Far Cry 6 code :(

Associate
Same situation but I don't upgrade my CPU that often so I'm staying strong! And also, I just know the moment I order a 5800x the 5900x will come in stock!
Yep i know that could happen aswell , but it could easily be 1 more month before we get it going by the FAQ

Soldato
I think they are taking an extra 3-4 business days to ship in stock items atm. I imagine this is due to reduced staff because of COVID.
If competitors can deliver next day I don't see why others can't. Ordered something yesterday evening and arrived at half ten this morning via DPD, even a part I ordered from a catalogue shop, since I had voucher, is arriving at the post office today and that was ordered on Wednesday.

Man of Honour
If competitors can deliver next day I don't see why others can't. Ordered something yesterday evening and arrived at half ten this morning via DPD, even a part I ordered from a catalogue shop, since I had voucher, is arriving at the post office today and that was ordered on Wednesday.
Their staff might be sick?

It is annoying but in the current climate we need to be a little more patient and tolerant I think. Or we'll all wind ourselves up (which is pointless when there is nothing you can do about it).

Associate

yeah been waiting so long I’m wondering if the other bits for the build will work, some of which are more time sensitive than others!

Soldato
Their staff might be sick?

It is annoying but in the current climate we need to be a little more patient and tolerant I think. Or we'll all wind ourselves up (which is pointless when there is nothing you can do about it).

Not trying to start a debate but as a customer why should I care about what goes on behind the scenes that's for the business to manage.

Wouldn't be so bad if you had to chase instead of getting courtesy updates on the status.

Back
Top Bottom