• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
Ah, let me rephrase this in a more "OcUK friendly" way.

Selling both chips for over £200 more than their RRP requires an explanation from OcUK as to why this 28% increase over RRP is now necessary. Without an explanation I will certainly go elsewhere as may others.

Soldato
Have the wholesale prices risen over 200 for each chip?....

OcUK were very open about the reason for their GPU price increases and it calmed some angry crowd who initially though it was just OcUK being "the bad guy". I'm hoping OcUK will do the same again and give the reason for this CPU price rise as the situation amongst the customers is very similar.

Associate
The 5900x is elsewhere for 700 is still stupid. It's frustrating as there is obviously stock now, this feels like profiteering. I really want to buy but I will not support companies that take advantage of little old me. I pay retail or less, I paid MSRP for my GPU and I'll be paying retail or less for my 5900X/5950X!:mad:

Associate
OcUK were very open about the reason for their GPU price increases and it calmed some angry crowd who initially though it was just OcUK being "the bad guy". I'm hoping OcUK will do the same again and give the reason for this CPU price rise as the situation amongst the customers is very similar.
If no one else was selling them signifigantly cheaper i would understand but i see no reason when there is stock elsewhere a lot cheaper

Soldato
If no one else was selling them signifigantly cheaper i would understand but i see no reason when there is stock elsewhere a lot cheaper

I mean when you say in stock and a lot cheaper at least in UK retailers I am not seeing that. Almost all places are as expensive and some more so even. Some list retail and have none in stock. £695 is cheapest the 5900x is coming up in stock in most places. I mean one place is doing a bundle with Tomahawk mobo for £740 so if you sold that board you could be £100 better off but yeah. Directly at moment not seeing places hugely cheaper. They all pour value right now.

Associate
I mean when you say in stock and a lot cheaper at least in UK retailers I am not seeing that. Almost all places are as expensive and some more so even. Some list retail and have none in stock. £695 is cheapest the 5900x is coming up in stock in most places. I mean one place is doing a bundle with Tomahawk mobo for £740 so if you sold that board you could be £100 better off but yeah. Directly at moment not seeing places hugely cheaper. They all pour value right now.
If you actually want a mobo the prices aren't much higher than retail from other places.

I bought one as a combo just this week for a whole £20 over retail (mobo+cpu) and the same price OCUK seem to want for a CPU alone.

Associate
5950X is still in stock at the time of writing at a major competitor for £100 less then OCUK, They are there

Soldato
5950X is still in stock at the time of writing at a major competitor for £100 less then OCUK, They are there

That great but I was discussing the 5900x with prices there since that was where convo at.

And in regards to the 5950x being £100 cheaper is still no better overall as it still £100 over RRP. Both stupid prices and both overpriced. That weirdly is also only place with stock and cheaper than most other places even at pre-order. There also places listing at £970 to £1070 as well. Point is they are all the same and all overpriced.

Associate
That great but I was discussing the 5900x with prices there since that was where convo at.

And in regards to the 5950x being £100 cheaper is still no better overall as it still £100 over RRP. Both stupid prices and both overpriced. That weirdly is also only place with stock and cheaper than most other places even at pre-order. There also places listing at £970 to £1070 as well. Point is they are all the same and all overpriced.
Not all, i got mine for £750 from another known retailer, just have to be quick and a little lucky. Point was there is no excuse for OCUK pricing

Just for clarity in my original comment i quoted your post and you referred to CPU over pricing compared to the GPU situation, you did not mention a particular model

Soldato
Not all, i got mine for £750 from another known retailer, just have to be quick and a little lucky. Point was there is no excuse for OCUK pricing

Just for clarity in my original comment i quoted your post and you referred to CPU over pricing compared to the GPU situation, you did not mention a particular model

Yeah I did as well from the one place that gets about 10 units a month in :) but there is no excuse for anyones pricing. Everyone is as bad as one another and people are looking at OcUK like it just them when it isn't, it is like 95% of the total market being this bad at pricing.

My post was nothing to do, I just replied with I am not seeing stuff in stock at close to retail or cheaper than OcUK generally and did indeed mention the 5900x. You initially replied to someone else about the GPU to CPU element.

Associate
Yeah I did as well from the one place that gets about 10 units a month in :) but there is no excuse for anyones pricing. Everyone is as bad as one another and people are looking at OcUK like it just them when it isn't, it is like 95% of the total market being this bad at pricing.

My post was nothing to do, I just replied with I am not seeing stuff in stock at close to retail or cheaper than OcUK generally and did indeed mention the 5900x. You initially replied to someone else about the GPU to CPU element.
Ah my bad. "Working from home" trying to read posts while working. I think my Brain is only single threaded, cant multi task

Back
Top Bottom