• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Soldato
Have received notification my preorder 5900X has been dispatched. Ordered from a competitor on the 14th November.

A long time waiting - it’s finally on its way! :) Ordered a EK 280mm AIO last night. Can’t wait to get it all set up I’ve been sitting on the rest of the build for months now.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I'm so tempted to grab a 5800x from my 2700x.. Had plenty of opportunity tbh. I'm only nervous to upgrade because the Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 is a pain to manage.

Email Arctic support and ask nicely for a v3 or v4 mounting bracket... They sent me one for free, arrived after just a couple of days.

Soldato
Mine is mounted though, It has a metal black backplate. What else does Arctic offer then? Though this came with the Motherboard IIRC.

But to get back at the topic in hand, would I be better off:

Buying a 5600X and enabling PBO.

or

Buying a 5800X and enabling PBO.

There's about a £100 difference but I can afford the 5800X, just thinking about cost to performance ratio.

Soldato
Mine is mounted though, It has a metal black backplate. What else does Arctic offer then? Though this came with the Motherboard IIRC.

or

There's about a £100 difference but I can afford the 5800X, just thinking about cost to performance ratio.

If you can afford it. 5800X and Negative Curve Optimizer, will last you longer in the end.

I disabled PBO and just stuck to the above with a -30 offset on all cores, works a treat. Without boost override my 5900X boost to 4950.2 with a maximum of 1.438 volts. Extremely happy.

Stu

Stu

Soldato

or

They will send two bracket pieces that attach to the mobo backplate, and you then attach the cooler to this bracket rather than the backplate... Means the backplate doesn't keep falling out during cooler installation.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Gotta say, I'm impressed that they've continued to improve the design (now on v4), I assume based on user and reviewer feedback (GN specifically criticised the problem of attaching the cooler directly to the removable mobo backplate); and I can't fault customer service for sending me out the updated parts. I have a v1, but only got round to installing it last week when my 5900X finally arrived, and having the extra brackets made installation so much easier!

Back
Top Bottom