• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
Guys I ordered at 1:59 somewhere! 1:59! Had the confirmation email at 2:07, and I just called now to check and was told I dont have one and I'm on pre order... no way did this company have stock I'm sorry no way 780 quid 1 minute before offical launch and I'm on pre order...hmm. annoyed it feels like my 3080 again...still waiting since 17th sept for that. First pc build and its turning into a nightmare.

I got email confirmation on the 5950X at 2:09pm and just checked tracking, which says my dispatch date is between 6th - 9th Nov. I haven't received any email to say its been delayed until 30th, and calling them is impossible lol

Associate
I got email confirmation on the 5950X at 2:09pm and just checked tracking, which says my dispatch date is between 6th - 9th Nov. I haven't received any email to say its been delayed until 30th, and calling them is impossible lol
what status is your order on? i don't see a dispatch date myself

Associate
Just so people know it wasnt OC where I ordered the 5950x I should have just paid rhe scalpers price and maybe I wouldnt be on pre order for a 1:59 order...lol

xrs

xrs

Associate
Just so people know it wasnt OC where I ordered the 5950x I should have just paid rhe scalpers price and maybe I wouldnt be on pre order for a 1:59 order...lol
Anecdotally, I spoke to a sales advisor yesterday. I had a payment that went through twice for them by mistake and I needed to cancel. He said that all stock had gone by 14:02.

xrs

xrs

Associate
Do we get Far Cry 6, or is that promotion not with OcUK?

Edit: I'm an idiot. Just looked at my invoice. The Far Cry 6 bonus IS included.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its madness really is

Not really it’s just people have all boarded the hype train when in reality what they have is probably fine. Everyone is seeming ignoring the fact that there is unprecedented demand for things which wouldn’t normally be sought after.

The funnest ones are the people moaning about needing a new GPU for Cybrepunk which has subsequently been delayed more times than a 3080 order. The game will still be here in years let alone weeks and In reality no one knows of the game is actually any good. Given how much it’s been delayed it probably a buggy mess at the moment.

I’d suggest everyone goes and buys a PS5/Xbox series but we all know how that turned out...

This was always going to be a sellout, even Intel struggled to keep the 9900k and 10900k in stock for months. I predict more tears for the 6800xt launch.

Soldato
Not really it’s just people have all boarded the hype train when in reality what they have is probably fine. Everyone is seeming ignoring the fact that there is unprecedented demand for things which wouldn’t normally be sought after.

It is prebuilt. Just cancelled my order and will wait for the Retail chips to come into stock. My 3950 isn't exactly struggling :p

Case and point?

smr

smr

Soldato
What is the point in doing a product launch on a specific date where you have hardly any stock at all.

What an absolute mess and an utter shambles.

As a business owner myself I cannot comprehend how any business would want to launch a product on a specific date knowing that so many people are going to be angered by it (by not being able to buy), you wait until you have sufficient amounts of stock and then launch or sell on that date. It beggars belief.

The last two launches have done nothing but make many retailers look completely inept and unprofessional.

Associate
Welcome to the real world, where you don't always get what you want, when you want it. You willingly paid OCUK, you'll get your order at some point.
Think you should copyright "You willingly paid OCUK, you'll get your order at some point.", They may yet add it under their logo.

Associate
Anyone else in the same situation as me? Managed to order while the 5800X was still allegedly in stock (though I realise this might not have been accurate) shortly after 2pm, then got an email at 14:41 with an order confirmation.

My order is currently sitting at "Order received - not yet shipped" and I haven't had any further emails to tell me whether I actually got one or whether I'm on the pre-order list, although I'm mentally preparing to be told the latter!

Associate
My order got confirm at 14:05 from Bolton. 12:45 at night i got email that I'm on pre order list for 20 November. Not happy at all I was under a impresion if I get it in my basket It will be mine so I stop hunting for otheres as to give a chance to more of people. I'm ****** but what can I do now. Company that been in buissnes for 30 years can't make a queueing system right.

Associate
my order says shipped and i got the DPD email but they havent picked it up yet from OC. So its not coming today as it says im guessing. i bet it will be next week now.

i think because it shipped at 9pm last night.

i think a bit of credit where credits due to ocuk though because they manually did all orders to ensure no bots or multi purchasers etc

Soldato
My order got confirm at 14:05 from Bolton. 12:45 at night i got email that I'm on pre order list for 20 November. Not happy at all I was under a impresion if I get it in my basket It will be mine so I stop hunting for otheres as to give a chance to more of people. I'm ****** but what can I do now. Cmpany that been in buissnes for 30 years can make a queueing system right.

There’s only one computer retailer that does that.

my order says shipped and i got the DPD email but they havent picked it up yet from OC. So its not coming today as it says im guessing. i bet it will be next week now.

Same except I ordered a CPU cooler at 10:20 am and that didn’t ship either. DPD just dropped off my 5900 but I don’t have a compatible cooler :p

Back
Top Bottom