• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
But both CPU's also have the same IO die, package, and shipping costs. The only difference between a 5800X and 5950X is one single chiplet and a slightly better bin. All other fixed costs remain the same.

I can't see something as small as a chiplet die costing AMD more than £50 (likely far less). They whole reason they use chiplets is because it makes them cheap to produce. So if they can add ~£50 cost to a product that retails for ~£300 more, that's why AMD do just that.

The thing is, you can ship larger volume with single chiplet SKUs, more volume with lower binned dies. High end chips are always low volume ones. You can see by the number of orders placed, that 5950x is not the highest in demand product from 5000 series :)

Associate
I’ve seen this mornings update saying 220 have come in, are these all 5950x’s? Or a mix of models? And are some of those allocated to their in house build orders?
Asking as I’m 213 in the queue.....

Associate
I’ve seen this mornings update saying 220 have come in, are these all 5950x’s? Or a mix of models? And are some of those allocated to their in house build orders?
Asking as I’m 213 in the queue.....

Think they were all 5950s retail, lots of people reported that theirs were in the post. I was 315 ish in queue, so its a ney for me this time...

Associate
European countries got stock for everything this week, albeit small but all processors are available in at least 5 shops in a small country of Estonia for example

Associate
Same boat as a few others on here just got my update from the other place No477 for my 5900 and only 24 in this week it's going to be a long wait me thinks.

Associate
The place I got mine opened this year and has small queues. I ordered from them on the 15th and it arrived today. It’s worth avoiding the larger sites if you want one soon

Back
Top Bottom