• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Caporegime
I could have purchased a dark hero but I don’t like that board as it is not very feature rich with accessories no back plate for better passive cooling anyway looks like now it is the best bang for buck right now trying to find an ARORUS EXTREME that would be my board of choice but they are not making them anymore. Funny I contacted the manufacturer to ask is this board discontinued they provided me a link the Z490 and I asked about the Z570 AMD and that was as the manufacturer couldn’t believe it.

Back plates on motherboards don't do anything useful for cooling from what I recall.

Associate
You will never guess I made an offer on auction site for £750 guy accepted now he says he hit accept in error and wants me to cancel, damn ahh well.

Associate
I personally like the removal of the chipset fan and the new Dynamic OC feature, what features am I missing out on? Anything else you would recommend? How annoying you could have ordered one and I'm struggling to find them! I have pre-ordered somewhere but they are out of stock.

Yes, very true only 2 weeks ago they were available everywhere now like yourself I too find it is another waiting game. I have found the error of my ways and I can see now this X570 board is the one to buy it is just a pity I dragged my feet as they were available everywhere.

Soldato
Maybe you just struck lucky before the retailer became a scalper when they all seem to realise hell this is in low stock worldwide we can all make a massive profit over RRP we will screw this for all we can get out of it can I ask what are the retail prices like now on that web site as I assume you paid below £715 for the Ryzen9, 5950X. I think you just where at the right place at the right time very fortunate lucky. Because no where on line is selling at RRP or below it is way above RRP scalping prices and will be like this until there is more of the product and companies start competing that usually happens on the auction sites first funnily enough then big www. compaines follow a while after that..

The website had crashed when the 5950X went on sale (same with many sites at the sametime) and was unable to order for a week. But they did state when more stock was due which is how I got my order in.

Associate
Back plates on motherboards don't do anything useful for cooling from what I recall.
A lot of GPUs over the last couple years have pretty weighty heatsinks / casings. I've read that the backplate does provide structural support to stop the PCB from bending. So removing it does have some risk.

Caporegime
A lot of GPUs over the last couple years have pretty weighty heatsinks / casings. I've read that the backplate does provide structural support to stop the PCB from bending. So removing it does have some risk.

The backplate on a GPU can help GPU sag a bit but by no means stops it.

On a motherboard though I cant think it does anything useful.

Associate
Funny situation for me & Oclockers is I hardly ever buy from Oclockers anymore because I usually buy from the competition as they are usually hundreds of pounds cheaper every time it is only the odd thing I buy as it always depends on price it depends who is selling the cheapest that si where I spend my money.

Take the Samsung SSD 1TB 980PRO M.2 Oclockerts price £259 competitors price £214 including postage that’s £49 saved extrapolate over motherboard ram CPU that is like £350 saved overall quite a sum of money right there just by shopping about Google is your friend every time.

Associate
Funny situation for me & Oclockers is I hardly ever buy from Oclockers anymore because I usually buy from the competition as they are usually hundreds of pounds cheaper every time it is only the odd thing I buy as it always depends on price it depends who is selling the cheapest that si where I spend my money.

Take the Samsung SSD 1TB 980PRO M.2 Oclockerts price £259 competitors price £214 including postage that’s £49 saved extrapolate over motherboard ram CPU that is like £350 saved overall quite a sum of money right there just by shopping about Google is your friend every time.

Overchargers UK

Back
Top Bottom