• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RYZEN 5000 SERIES NOW ONLINE - 5950X, 5900X, 5800X & 5600X COMING NOV 5TH AT 5PM **NO COMPETITORS**

Associate
possile stupid question incoming , how much did people pay for the 5600x ?

around £358?

that seems a lot, i thought rrp was lower. is that price currently inflated due to the shortages? i think originally ccl had them listed for £279.

im ready to upgrade my 6 yr old i5 and i nearly bought an i5 10600k last week but read/watched reviews saying amd is way better, but 350 ish is more than £100 more than the 10600 :(

cheers chaps

Associate

around £358?

that seems a lot, i thought rrp was lower. is that price currently inflated due to the shortages? i think originally ccl had them listed for £279.

im ready to upgrade my 6 yr old i5 and i nearly bought an i5 10600k last week but read/watched reviews saying amd is way better, but 350 ish is more than £100 more than the 10600 :(

cheers chaps

I think I either paid 300 or 320.....I was afraid the market would turn complete scalper on me and the price would just keep going up....funny note, theres a scalper in my town trying to offload a 5600 for €600 0_0

Also yeah the Ryzen chips are ahead of intel, if your buying a new motherboard I grab a b550 and go for a 5000 when there back in stock

Soldato

around £358?

cheers chaps

Indeed that is a huge amount and way over odds. Even at the inflated price of £320 most places have it's too expensive. Indeed £279 is where it should be at MSRP. Direct on AMD site it shows around £258 but if it has ever been in stock I have no idea.

Tbh if you are after an upgrade at moment it is either stick with Intel at normal prices, wait for AMD to stabilise production or deal with scalping prices. A competitor had them come in on Friday at £320 and that is still too much. Tbh the 5600x the £280 price is generally pretty high and would be much better at £250 to compete with price to performance of Intel.

Associate
Just got my 5600x que update today. "You are currently in queue position 542"
I was in position 909 the week before so i'm guessing ill be getting mine before the end of 2020/start of 2021

I'm 538 down from 906, comparing my position to yours you should be 541 not 542. looks like 5600x stock is coming in strong though, fingers crossed for this week or next!!

Associate
not as much as a drop as I'd have liked, but at least I won't be needing to dismantle and rebuild my machine Wednesday evening, just piling the new components on it for now, awaiting final piece of the puzzle

Associate
I guess returns/rma's could possibly explain things and Demon MkII got bumped to the back as they ran out of available stock to RMA from that 300?
However it doesn't explain why a guys in position 7 moved to 4 and why two members earlier (Paul Guy and Kris Swinbanks (posts 4733 and 4734)) moved from position 426 (both somehow!) to 313 and 318 respectively.
Yet Supertaff moved down 200 positions for their 5900x from 275 to 73.

Add in no communication from Ocuk and this just looks real messy now. I know Gibbo is moving house, so fair play it straining his communication, but are they saying no-one else could put out an update at all?
We all know the state of things right now is fubar, but they billed all of us on the order being placed and sent out queue updates, so why have the numbers not logically moved the same amount?
Given 2 members above had the same queue position, maybe Ocuk queue system really is a mess?
Either way I'm getting frustrated by this, I don't mind waiting and can understand delivery times slip cos of backlogs and port issues, but either keep the queue positions accurate and in order, or communicate with customers.
Ideally both!

Associate
I guess returns/rma's could possibly explain things and Demon MkII got bumped to the back as they ran out of available stock to RMA from that 300?
However it doesn't explain why a guys in position 7 moved to 4 and why two members earlier (Paul Guy and Kris Swinbanks (posts 4733 and 4734)) moved from position 426 (both somehow!) to 313 and 318 respectively.
Yet Supertaff moved down 200 positions for their 5900x from 275 to 73.

Add in no communication from Ocuk and this just looks real messy now. I know Gibbo is moving house, so fair play it straining his communication, but are they saying no-one else could put out an update at all?
We all know the state of things right now is fubar, but they billed all of us on the order being placed and sent out queue updates, so why have the numbers not logically moved the same amount?
Given 2 members above had the same queue position, maybe Ocuk queue system really is a mess?
Either way I'm getting frustrated by this, I don't mind waiting and can understand delivery times slip cos of backlogs and port issues, but either keep the queue positions accurate and in order, or communicate with customers.
Ideally both!

It does make sense. People will have ordered elsewhere and be recieving their order, so cancelling here. People are more likely to cancel the further down they are. So someone at position 10 may not move at all, whereas someone at 100 may drop 30 places to 70 and someone at position 400 drops those 30 places plus another 30-50 per 100, meaning they drop to 250.

People also seem to think there is x number of cpus arriving each week so if they drop 50 in week one, they should drop 50 each week after that - that is completely not how this works. There is a trickle supply in the second week, then a much larger supply from week 4-5 onwards.

All the data makes sense, people are just trying to read into it in a way that causes hopeful misunderstanding and thus frustration when their logic doesn't come to pass.

Associate
It does make sense. People will have ordered elsewhere and be recieving their order, so cancelling here. People are more likely to cancel the further down they are. So someone at position 10 may not move at all, whereas someone at 100 may drop 30 places to 70 and someone at position 400 drops those 30 places plus another 30-50 per 100, meaning they drop to 250.

People also seem to think there is x number of cpus arriving each week so if they drop 50 in week one, they should drop 50 each week after that - that is completely not how this works. There is a trickle supply in the second week, then a much larger supply from week 4-5 onwards.

All the data makes sense, people are just trying to read into it in a way that causes hopeful misunderstanding and thus frustration when their logic doesn't come to pass.

i don't think 200 people between my last position (275) and new position (73) have cancelled, so while there is some logic to your statement it doesn't totally add up as the person in position 9 moved to position 4.

also people in the higher queue positions have reported having shipping emails.

Waiting further doesn't' bother me as I've not been able to get a motherboard to go with the chip as yet.

Last edited:
Associate
Cancellation makes some sense as a contributing factor, but we have one person claiming they've had notification of theirs shipping despite being higher in the queue than others.

I'm not assuming weekly numbers like you're claiming either, we're all going off what Gibbo posted in the announcement thread. He said 300 5900x coming this week.
5900x queue has dropped an inconsistent amount for everyone since then. So either the position changes were PURELY due to cancellations and nothing was shipped, which would explain the differences between queue positions but would not explain the person claiming to have received their shipment notification despite being way up the queue (assuming they're claim is genuine).
Or, there is something fishy going on with the queue numbers, which currently makes sense as in my previous post, there were two members supposedly at the same queue position, and the member higher up the queue getting their shipping notification while others are still in the first 10 in queue and should have received theirs for being within the first 300. Even if some of that 300 went to replace RMA's etc, those in position 7 should have received something.

I shifted down from 256 on 28/11, and now I'm at 152. Assuming that 300 5900x shipment came in last week, I and those below me should have received something as our queue positions are within the first 300 spaces, no?
Otherwise theirs no point to a queue.

I'd love for Gibbo to explain whats going on, and for proof from that poster who claims they bought a 5950x elsewhere and then got their 5900x shipping notification from Ocuk despite being like number 600 in queue.

Associate
From 838 on 27th November to 483 this morning. A nice jump for the 5600x. Still would predict I'm waiting for 2021 to get my hands on it but who knows. Hoping all the pre orders can be cleared this month for everyone here waiting on their new CPU, whichever queue you're in :)

Associate
Cancellation makes some sense as a contributing factor, but we have one person claiming they've had notification of theirs shipping despite being higher in the queue than others.

I'm not assuming weekly numbers like you're claiming either, we're all going off what Gibbo posted in the announcement thread. He said 300 5900x coming this week.
5900x queue has dropped an inconsistent amount for everyone since then. So either the position changes were PURELY due to cancellations and nothing was shipped, which would explain the differences between queue positions but would not explain the person claiming to have received their shipment notification despite being way up the queue (assuming they're claim is genuine).
Or, there is something fishy going on with the queue numbers, which currently makes sense as in my previous post, there were two members supposedly at the same queue position, and the member higher up the queue getting their shipping notification while others are still in the first 10 in queue and should have received theirs for being within the first 300. Even if some of that 300 went to replace RMA's etc, those in position 7 should have received something.

I shifted down from 256 on 28/11, and now I'm at 152. Assuming that 300 5900x shipment came in last week, I and those below me should have received something as our queue positions are within the first 300 spaces, no?
Otherwise theirs no point to a queue.

I'd love for Gibbo to explain whats going on, and for proof from that poster who claims they bought a 5950x elsewhere and then got their 5900x shipping notification from Ocuk despite being like number 600 in queue.

i think its those grey 50pc mentioned + cancellations, 300 still haven’t arrived

Associate

The data doesn't make sense with the official updates we have.

Someone in position way higher has received confirmed shipping whilst people below haven't. Queue has moved about 100 places this week despite OCUK saying they are getting 300 in last week.

Those number dont add up. What do you gain by trying to be the voice of reason yet throwing reason out the door.

Associate
The data doesn't make sense with the official updates we have.

Someone in position way higher has received confirmed shipping whilst people below haven't. Queue has moved about 100 places this week despite OCUK saying they are getting 300 in last week.

Those number dont add up. What do you gain by trying to be the voice of reason yet throwing reason out the door.

What on earth are you talking about? What I quoted and what I said had nothing to do with "Someone in position way higher has received confirmed shipping whilst people below haven't" - if that's the case, then yes ofc that's madness, but it's not what i'm talking about so i'm not "trying to be the voice of reason yet throwing reason out the door." - What do you gain by not reading properly and making unfounded accusations?

Associate
5900X update email 3 days late.
289 - 185
300 units coming in was either a lie or OCUK are sending CPU's out at random based off Q updates from previous posts over last 3 days.

@Gibbo you might be moving mate but if so cant the firm put someone else in your spot to cover because this is getting confusing at this rate.

Associate
Have I just been done again by bots?

Somewhere had stock of the 5900x.. I got one straight away and went through the process right up to where I'd be collecting from and then payment (card).. As soon as I got here it said 'unable to process order'.. Then going back onto the purchase page for the 5900x it then said 'out of stock'..

https://imgur.com/7CSmnts

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom