• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 5800x turning off randomly either when idle or gaming

Associate
Ya dont want to be running other apps even monitoring stuff while using corecycler otherwise the core may not boost to full clocks. Check and see if it does boost fully then you know its all good.

Decided to wait until the new cooler was installed before running everything again

So I now have a Kraken X63 installed, idle temp is at around 35 degrees. Ran core cycler overnight and after 12 hours its produced no errors

Just attempted to run witcher 3 and once again its shutting down :(

Soldato
I had this problem years ago my issue was it could be working for hours regardless in idle or load other times it would restart after 10-20mins , over time I replaced each part to fault find, reinstalled windows , Extension lead, PSU, GPU, RAM, Motherboard and it ended up being motherboard at fault

make you have everything running at stock such as RAM, GPU, CPU

its such a pain unless you have replacement parts so can get to the part thats causing it

Associate
I had this problem years ago my issue was it could be working for hours regardless in idle or load other times it would restart after 10-20mins , over time I replaced each part to fault find, reinstalled windows , Extension lead, PSU, GPU, RAM, Motherboard and it ended up being motherboard at fault

make you have everything running at stock such as RAM, GPU, CPU

its such a pain unless you have replacement parts so can get to the part thats causing it

At the moment I'm edging towards a cpu issue so may have to try the amd RMA route to check that. Everything is running at stock, very frustrating!!

Back
Top Bottom