• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7 3700x micro stutter help!

Associate
Hi all, Beena while since I have been so sorry if this is in the incorrect section.

Basically my system was

Ryzen 5 2600,
B450m ds3h
Corsair Vengeance 16gb
EVGA 750w
M.2 Evo 970 250gb for OS
2tb HHD for games etc

All worked fine.

Decided to upgrade to the Ryzen 7 3700x. Updated BIOS. Booted up all ok.

Went on to YouTube and video plays but get micro stutters.

It annoyed me so much I thought f it start from scratch. Fresh Win 10 1909 build install. Did all the updates restarted check YouTube no issues. Started installing everything and checking after each install seemed to be working.

Restarted loaded up GTA amazing butter smooth then bang micro stutter. Checked YouTube video you can see the stutter Started all again. New install blah blah. Back again.

After reading online some say Ryzen 7 likes higher RAM MHz and seeing as mine was 3000 I brought some G.Skill trident rgb 3600Mhz 16gb. Chucked it in enabled the XMP 2.0 but still the same issue.

I reverted back to a restore point after install and updates and currently sitting with no stutters. Done a Memtest but no errors found. Same for the SFC /scannow.

Video to demonstrate : https://youtu.be/lYcypkbrluA

Anyone got any ideas or had same experience?

TIA

Associate
OP
I have uninstalled onesync. Grabbed the latest chipset from AMD (released 07/04/20) and power is on balanced windows not the Ryzen one gonna run benchmark in GTA now see if stutter has gone .

Associate
OP
Been fine, But started again I have only installed Teamspeak, Discord, Steam, Firefox and Roblox. And Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019.

Could it be my Mobo?

Associate
OP
Bios is a high as it goes and Samsung drivers are installed latest from website.

I have disabled the core performance just in the process of testing it now

Soldato
Bios is a high as it goes and Samsung drivers are installed latest from website.

I have disabled the core performance just in the process of testing it now

Use AMD balanced powerplan or even better 1usmus v1.1 one with all the settings he asks. Especially if you play games.
Deactivate GPU acceleration on your browser also. Neither AMD nor Nvidia work well with chrome & firefox acceleration for some time. And do not forget. That YT throttles the streaming these days to Europe.

Associate
OP
Use AMD balanced powerplan or even better 1usmus v1.1 one with all the settings he asks. Especially if you play games.
Deactivate GPU acceleration on your browser also. Neither AMD nor Nvidia work well with chrome & firefox acceleration for some time. And do not forget. That YT throttles the streaming these days to Europe.

Thanks I will give it a try. I ended up doing a while reinstall of windows to stop the stutters. Problem is regarding YT I don't think it's to do with the video quality at the moment it's once it starts in games it continues on YouTube/Netflix etc.

I'm testing it to see if it's a thing to do with GeForce experience so I have just installed the drivers for my GPU

Associate
OP
I really don't get it. If I do a fresh install it seems fine with updates and all seems to be fine I can install the program's I use. It works fine I restart it and bang starts again. Wish I never sold my old 2600. Could it be the motherboard? The only other I have done is change the screen sleep time and shutoff timer

Caporegime
Do you monitor the CPU while this is happening? Use something like HWMonitor, keep an eye on it while watching YouTube, any inexplicable dips in Mhz? spikes in heat.....?

Its a strange one, not one i have come across before.

Associate
How I would handle this: Do a fresh Windows install again and then install 1 program. Restart the PC and check YouTube etc. That way you will be able to narrow it down to what program is causing the issue. I highly doubt this is a hardware issue if a fresh install without additional programs is fine.

Associate
OP
How I would handle this: Do a fresh Windows install again and then install 1 program. Restart the PC and check YouTube etc. That way you will be able to narrow it down to what program is causing the issue. I highly doubt this is a hardware issue if a fresh install without additional programs is fine.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this and have been continuing to do it ever since. Reinstalled Window about 10 time over 3-4 days.

Bit of an update. Got the stutters earlier. So did the reinstall again to fix it. Problem has reappeared. Nothing was installed that was new. I shut every application down still stuttering. Cannot see anything out of place on HWmonitor or HWinfo. Played GTA V started to stutter as well as audio. Whats odd is tried the Witcher 3 and not video stutter just audio cuts out for about 1 second and then comes back. COD:MW (2019) Same thing Audio cuts in and out ( 1 sec ) during Infinity video but fine during Cut scenes, gameplay and sitting on menu with music.

CODMW: No Video/Audio stutter while playing
Witcher 3: Video fine, Audio Stutter present
GTAV : Video and Audio Stutter
Firefox: Video and Audio Stutter
IE/MS Edge : Audio Stutter / Video Fine However Screen goes black and then come back.

My conclusuion at the moment it is audio related.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom