• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7: Are you gonna buy?

Are you gonna switch back to AMD?

• Yes

Votes: 285 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 105 26.9%

• Total voters
Associate
assuming performance is there, and the prices are more or less what's been leaked, once the mITX boards turn up I'm very much interested in a 1700x :)

Soldato
Potentially, my 3570k is starting to show its' limitations in BF1 but it depends on how well Ryzen performs.

You willing to share any information about that with us Gibbo?

Associate
No real need but nostalgia, so why not? First self built PC was a s939 sometime in 2005(?) paired with an some unlocked ati X800 gpu (gto?). Been on an intel machine since 2008.
Amusingly first PC I took apart/destroyed in the process was a intel (486DX I think) years before.

Soldato
Not sure. Just had a system die so I had to find something fast. Went with a Xeon 1230. 100% yes for Ryzen on one system but probably not the Ryzen 7, and a maybe for another two.

Maybe.

Last edited:
Associate
mid march i think after read reviews to determine whether i get the 1700 or the 1700x. 1700 if it is not artificially overclocking limited by power limit.

Soldato
I was planning to, but it will depend on which motherboard EK going to produce RGB block for if I will buy on release date, and which ones are Black & Red.......

In the mean time already have the AM4 upgrade kit for the Predator 360 :)
(just in case)

Back
Top Bottom