• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7000 and 9000 see massive gains from Windows 11 24H2. Mostly.

1 of the big problems at Microsoft is their QA department was massively cut down, It's now maybe at best 1/10th the size so any potential bugs or performance hindering bugs get looked over until there's a big enough backlash.
Indeed, but I would have thought AMD would know if their chips were not performing correctly and if their results were not tallying with reviewers'.

Bjeebus.... :eek:

OGNTkRh.jpeg

I saw that thread on reddit, the Cinebench scores in 23H2 suggest there was already something wrong with that guys install, or perhaps background tasks were killing his 1T result. Fortnite increase looks nice, though.

Last edited:
7800X3D supergluing its crown on.

From evidence so far, it's possible the 9800X3D won't be able to convincingly beat it.

:cry:

I may regret saying this but i think it will.

The 7800X3D in clocks is based on the 7700, 9700X is 5% faster here, if 24H2 gives it another 3% over 7000 series, that will put it 8% faster.

6vi57KR.png

Last edited:
It's very odd that such a huge performance hit has gone unnoticed for generations of AMD CPUs.

It changes the CPU landscape significantly, can't wait to see how things stack up now across Zen 3/4/5 vs Intel.

It's very odd that such a huge performance hit has gone unnoticed for generations of AMD CPUs.

It changes the CPU landscape significantly, can't wait to see how things stack up now across Zen 3/4/5 vs Intel.
It was noticed, AMD did not have the market share to push MS to do the work. Its the same for most commercial software, updates bring risk so don't do it unless you need to.

It does show some good increases even on an Intel platform, on a few that I have tested.

If I use the GoW5 as an example using 1080P Ultra preset as per HUB:

23H2
eiy70VQ.png

24H2
2XCswMH.png

That's a 15.3% uplift in the average FPS but more impressively that's a 24.6% uplift in the lows.

FC6 from A/B testing also had a 5% uplift

GB6

24H2

23H2

GB also shows some small improvements, so it seems a positive update.

I saw that thread on reddit, the Cinebench scores in 23H2 suggest there was already something wrong with that guys install, or perhaps background tasks were killing his 1T result. Fortnite increase looks nice, though.
Not only that it's a random poster on reddit so exact numbers are questionable, have people forgotten what's gone on the past few weeks with marketing/hype.

Last edited:
Not only that it's a random poster on reddit so exact numbers are questionable, have people forgotten what's gone on the past few weeks with marketing/hype.
True, but alongside HUBs findings it looks plausible to me

Reactions: G J
This reminds me of when Nvidia released the driver that suddenly gave the 780ti a huge increase around the time Witcher 3 came out.

Can't complain at a free performance increase once the update goes live.

This reminds me of when Nvidia released the driver that suddenly gave the 780ti a huge increase around the time Witcher 3 came out.

Can't complain at a free performance increase once the update goes live.

Yeah for GPU's I find it amazing that devs suddenly find all this extra performance just lying around and then release a GPU driver to enable it. Donning my tin foil hat, I think vendors purposefully leave performance in the tank just incase they need it for competition "Look how good our drivers are" etc....

Oddly, a few known people who dive deep into drivers, OC etc. claim on X they see ZERO (or very close to it) difference between 23H2 and 24H2 on various Ryzen CPUs in games. Seems they mostly use AMD GPUs, so some peeps theorise this is influencing NVIDIA GPUs more than AMD ones. Still, odd that some people see huge difference, some see close to 0 difference. It might as well turn out this is very dependant on a specific combination of hardware and AMD's scoring could be actually accurate with their very specific lab config. Curious to see how this evolves. :)

Last edited:
Pat Gelsinger likely coping hard right now :D

lfqzxmE.jpeg

Oddly, a few known people who dive deep into drivers, OC etc. claim on X they see ZERO (or very close to it) difference between 23H2 and 24H2 on various Ryzen CPUs in games. Seems they mostly use AMD GPUs, so some peeps theorise this is influencing NVIDIA GPUs more than AMD ones.

Guy on reddit with a full AMD setup, 7800X3D+7900XTX, Results further up, Saw a lot of good results from the new windows update.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom