• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7000 and 9000 see massive gains from Windows 11 24H2. Mostly.

I haven't watched any videos yet, how about Ryzen 5500? I'm only interested in emulation mind you.
I'm honestly not sure why the laughing emoji. I wasn't trying to be funny. Although I can get myself banned in a jiffy if you want me to go at it Deadpool style?

Last edited:
Hopefully makes its way to Windows 10

The original point that Microsoft’s optimisations teams delivered a larger gaming uplift than AMDs CPU design team did in 2 years.

It's not sounding any stronger by saying it twice.

The cpus have been sold for years now and they've been capable of this gaming performance that entire time. So the "AMD CPU design team" work cannot be ignored for any performance being realised when it's still their unchanged hardware.

"Microsoft's optimisation teams" have released an update which reveals that the AMD cpus can go faster but is that to be applauded or criticised that Windows wasn't using them properly? That's still the same team responsible for it being slower for 2 years by your logic.

And on top of that, this is Microsofts name on Windows but who are they getting the information from to optimise for a specific brand of CPU and how long has it been in the queue being tested and approved.

Your view of how to divide credit for this is very odd.

just did the update came up in windows update, interested to see what kind of increase on 5800x3d
from people testing in comments of various threads, very few see the kind of mind blowing improvement as HUB
because very few people run 4090 with game settings for strict CPU bottleneck
I got this 23H2 update this morning. As expected, in (GPU bound) Cyberpunk test - no difference

Last edited:
I do worry some times that people get skewed impressions on how much/little difference the cpu makes to most real world gaming situations. Not really sure what the solution is though. There's no point testing cpus with a non cpu bottleneck as that will give you an equally skewed impression on the actual differences between cpus.

People trying to work out what to buy will always want easy to compare information, bigger number better type of thing. Which is probably why despite the massive issues it has something like userbenchmark still gets so much attention.

Almost feel like every cpu review should have like an attached bottleneck explanation. But you know no one would pay attention to it. And people would absolutely find a reason to be angry about it, because Internet

Last edited:
IMO all that is needed is at least some benchmark data at the kind of normal settings people will be running, doesn't need to be done for every game or application tested just enough to be representative.

The HUB video I believe is exclusively 1080p and with settings intended to avoid GPU bottlenecks and not representative what 99% of people will be spending several 1000 to do...

IMO all that is needed is at least some benchmark data at the kind of normal settings people will be running, doesn't need to be done for every game or application tested just enough to be representative.

The HUB video I believe is exclusively 1080p and with settings intended to avoid GPU bottlenecks and not representative what 99% of people will be spending several 1000 to do...

Pretty sure he will be doing 1080p / 1440p and 4k across AMD and intel , be nice to see where everything lines up now across bigger number of games

I wonder what the boost is for the Fallout 4 and Oblivion benchmarks here. If there's even a 5% boost, that's a strong reason to move to Windows 11 with how heavy Bethesda games can get with mods

I didn't do extensive testing as I just noticed the update in the tray. On a 5800x, there's no difference in cinebench r20 (not sure if there were supposed to be any). Jedi Survivor and Miles Morales had no difference at my usual 4k settings. 1080p had single digit increases just by observing the same areas.

At best my minimum frames will be a very tiny bit better.

just did the update came up in windows update, interested to see what kind of increase on 5800x3d
Ran the CP2077 bench before and after updating the old 5800X3D system and saw around 10% gain running at CPU limited settings (ultra preset + ultra perf upscaling). Saw a similar gain on the 7800X3D but was still worse than Win10...

It's not sounding any stronger by saying it twice.

The cpus have been sold for years now and they've been capable of this gaming performance that entire time. So the "AMD CPU design team" work cannot be ignored for any performance being realised when it's still their unchanged hardware.

"Microsoft's optimisation teams" have released an update which reveals that the AMD cpus can go faster but is that to be applauded or criticised that Windows wasn't using them properly? That's still the same team responsible for it being slower for 2 years by your logic.

And on top of that, this is Microsofts name on Windows but who are they getting the information from to optimise for a specific brand of CPU and how long has it been in the queue being tested and approved.

Your view of how to divide credit for this is very odd.
The fact that Linux was apparently performing better than Windows on these tasks is a bit of a giveaway as well microsoft probably thought they couldn't hold back any longer, too busy integrating crap people don't want and harvesting their data to bother about little things like optimization I shouldn't wonder

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom