• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 7000 and 9000 see massive gains from Windows 11 24H2. Mostly.

Seeing a big lift in CB R23 nT on my 5800X3D. Of course, a sample size of one on each test where results can vary. But both were done with the same conditions.

oBHFBda.png

06OXdCx.png

I've seen a few sources that benchmarked Windows 10 against 11 23h2 with the patch and 24h2. Few takeaways - 24h2 seemed to make no difference in many cases unless they did fresh install from iso instead of just upgrade in place. Not always the case but worth keeping in mind. 23h2 with just a patch is still a bit slower than 24h2 in many cases. Windows 10 performance without any fancy patches is about the same as 23h2 with a patch - seems Windows 11 has been slowing down Ryzen CPUs, but Windows 10 hasn't been, yet 24h2 adds something a bit extra in comparison to just patch for 23h2. Likely why many people never noticed any issues earlier, as they still use Windows 10. Also, all the benchmarks were done with vbs on (and in general default settings on current versions) on all systems, so that's not part of the problem.

Last edited:
Some of us prefer the extra security of VBS and will take the hit. I've seen very little difference on my 3900X in games and a tiny difference in Cinebench.

Also, I may as well add this:

24H2 fresh install vs 23H2 fresh install here is one of the reasons for the performance jump:

1KQKahI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom