• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stop overclocking your CPU, it might help. Update to latest BIOS, then just enable EXPO save and exit. That might help. No need to enhance boost. :)
Thanks for the advice. I have the latest bios installed and I'll disable enhanced boost, although it was nice seeing all the cores boost to 5050mhz and hit 18600 points on CB23.

Thanks for the advice. I have the latest bios installed and I'll disable enhanced boost, although it was nice seeing all the cores boost to 5050mhz and hit 18600 points on CB23.
I'm not sure exactly what that does, but best to just make sure things work before you start tweaking BIOS options that probably push things past stock settings.

Auto settings should work normally with clock speeds working at expected targets. It's probably related to pre-defined curve optimiser settings, but I guarantee the board manufacturer has not tested them for your CPU. ;)

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly what that does, but best to just make sure things work before you start tweaking BIOS options that probably push things past stock settings.
It's MSI's way of using PBO to enable a slight overclock. There are 3 levels of using this enhanced boost mode and I was at the lowest level 1.

Last edited:
Except GN didnt say that. At all. They literally blame Asus for doing what Asus do, which is overvolt cpu`s to make the boards look good.

I guess you watched a completely different video then.

From the video at timestamp, "this platform is just a complete mess".

So, which is it, did GN say it or not...

Last edited:
I just built my first PC this week. I absolutely love my new rig. I have a 7800X3D and a Gigabyte B650 Aourus Elite AX motherboard. I would like to undervolt my CPU but all the guides I have read or watched seem to say slightly different things. Can anyone with a Gigabyte motherboard possibly recommend some settings? It would be much anppreciated. My inexperience is such that BIOS still makes my palms sweat. :)

Last edited:
I guess you watched a completely different video then.

From the video at timestamp, "this platform is just a complete mess".

So, which is it, did GN say it or not...

YEs i watched the one linked above, where Steve attacks the board makers for non existant OCP which causes the continuation of a problem - caused by ignoring AMD tech specs and shoving too much voltage through the cpu.

Yes but you specifically said GN didn't say that quote and you were so sure of it you satted they didn't say it "at all". So why did you make up a lie if you actually meant something else?

I just built my first PC this week. I absolutely love my new rig. I have a 7800X3D and a Gigabyte B650 Aourus Elite AX motherboard. I would like to undervolt my CPU but all the guides I have read or watched seem to say slightly different things. Can anyone with a Gigabyte motherboard possibly recommend some settings? It would be much anppreciated. My inexperience is such that BIOS still makes my palms sweat. :)

I have the same spec and would also like to get in on the stuff that was happening a few pages back, but I'm more apprehensive about undervolting on such a modern platform I don't know much about. I'm not as brave as you folks. All I've ever done is crank up the FSB, which probably isn't even a thing anymore. :cry:

Last edited:
Yes but you specifically said GN didn't say that quote and you were so sure of it you satted they didn't say it "at all". So why did you make up a lie if you actually meant something else?
It's "funny" how two people can watch the same video and yet only remember bits that suit them. Steve does clearly say that this platform is a complete mess, siting the other platform bugs found after closer examination. Asus does come under prominent criticism but not to the exclusion of others, including AMD.

Because he has said that the usual detractors may pipe up with their "tech jesus" jibes etc in order to minimise those particular comments.

I remember one "jiggardly" individual recently saying that the problem with Z690 was that it wasn't AM5; not so sagacious now. ;)

Last edited:
It's "funny" how two people can watch the same video and yet only remember bits that suit them. Steve does clearly say that this platform is a complete mess, siting the other platform bugs found after closer examination. Asus does come under prominent criticism but not to the exclusion of others, including AMD.

Because he has said that the usual detractors may pipe up with their "tech jesus" jibes etc in order to minimise those particular comments.

I remember one "jiggardly" individual recently saying that the problem with Z690 was that it wasn't AM5; not so sagacious now. ;)

If I was you I’d pray that AM5 isn’t what you want to paint it as. It’s not BTW.

If I was you I’d pray that AM5 isn’t what you want to paint it as. It’s not BTW.
If you were me then you wouldn't be making clearly unwise statements in the first place! ("The biggest drawback [of Z690] is not being AM5") It was a bit of silly thing to say at the time and in light of current events it turns out it was a lot of a silly thing to say.

You also might want to stay clear of falsely ascribing notions to other people; show me any post of mine where I "paint" AM5 as anything or state something that was incorrect. Unlike you I try as best as possible to stick to the facts.

Last edited:
If you were me then you wouldn't be making clearly unwise statements in the first place! ("The biggest drawback [of Z690] is not being AM5") It was a bit of silly thing to say at the time and in light of current events it turns out it was a lot of a silly thing to say.

You also might want to stay clear of falsely ascribing notions to other people; show me any post of mine where I "paint" AM5 as anything or state something that was incorrect. Unlike you I try as best as possible to stick to the facts.

Is that not the biggest drawback with Intel, not being AMD?

Last edited:
Does Cyberpunk just hate AMD CPU's?
GPU-Z https://imgur.com/a/37zL4rQ
Am I doing something wrong here? Just upgraded from a 5950x a few days ago. Not very impressed with my performance in Cyberpunk using the same settings as a good few posts back.
(dropping into the mid 70's with 55% GPU load after the game loads in more NPC's), only 10-15 fps higher than my old 5950x + 4090 when CPU bound.
Performance in Spider-Man Remastered also seems lower than expected 80-100 fps with low GPU load.

@LtMatt performance seems to be miles above mine in these games.

AMD 7950X3D (Stock)
Corsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX
Asus Strix X670E-E (BIOS 1401)
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 6000MHz @30-36-36-76 1.4V (EXPO 2)
RTX 4090 FE - Driver 531.68
990 Pro 2TB NVMe
Corsair AX 1000W PSU

Fresh install of Windows 11 and updated.
Chipset drivers 5.02.19.2221
2x 3D cache processes running in task manager
Newest version of Game Bar which is definitely working due to games only using the 3D cache CCD.
  • KGL Version Loaded: 2240
  • KGL Service Version : 2240
Steam Overlay - Disabled
Rebar - Enabled
Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling - Enabled
iGPU disabled in BIOS

Tried game mode on or off, with the game running on both CCD's - Results in lower fps.
Even tried wiping the config folder for Cyberpunk and made a fresh save file with the same results in that location.

Cinebench R23
35759 Multi core

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom