• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Thanks brother,

can you write me down your DRAM VDD, DRAM VDDQ and CPU VDDIO / MC Voltages please bro.
vdd 1.435. vddq 1.4 VDDIO on auto,
bios reads (1.430-1.439)

Last edited:
Associate
More aimed at LtMatt as I believe we have the same mobo and ram kit (or did as of further back In this thread anyway...) with a 7950x3d but I guess anyone can chime in, given his ram is tuned.

On bios 1003 beta (just seen 1004 is out but alas) for Crosshair X670E Hero, loading EXPO II on a gskill 6000mhz kit without touching any other settings the UCLK goes to 1500mhz for some reason. Manually set it to UCLK = MCLK and it runs at 3000 fine so far.

Am I right in thinking it should auto to 3000 as default as its highest before it downloads with ram higher than 6000mhz? Just curious if it's a beta bios issue or something. I'll update to 1004 when I'm home from work later and test that theory regardless.

Ive been lurking on this thread when I was waiting for my preorder 7950x3d to come in from the first batch. Some good discussions here.

Caporegime
More aimed at LtMatt as I believe we have the same mobo and ram kit (or did as of further back In this thread anyway...) with a 7950x3d but I guess anyone can chime in, given his ram is tuned.

On bios 1003 beta (just seen 1004 is out but alas) for Crosshair X670E Hero, loading EXPO II on a gskill 6000mhz kit without touching any other settings the UCLK goes to 1500mhz for some reason. Manually set it to UCLK = MCLK and it runs at 3000 fine so far.

Am I right in thinking it should auto to 3000 as default as its highest before it downloads with ram higher than 6000mhz? Just curious if it's a beta bios issue or something. I'll update to 1004 when I'm home from work later and test that theory regardless.

Ive been lurking on this thread when I was waiting for my preorder 7950x3d to come in from the first batch. Some good discussions here.
I think it should tbf for 6000 speed and below, but I used to set it manually anyway when I was running 6000.

Associate
in y-cruncher my 7950x3d boosts until it hits approx. 84-85°.
in gaming it stays allways at ~65° and the cores dont boost up to the limits. is this because it simply does not use more power for these games (gpu-limit) or can the cpu somehow be motivated to allways reach the limit frequencies?

Caporegime
in y-cruncher my 7950x3d boosts until it hits approx. 84-85°.
in gaming it stays allways at ~65° and the cores dont boost up to the limits. is this because it simply does not use more power for these games (gpu-limit) or can the cpu somehow be motivated to allways reach the limit frequencies?
Tuning curve optimiser can help increase clock frequency seen in gaming and other workloads, but in doing so you lower the voltage used per core so you'd need to test stability. Generally, clock frequencies will be a little lower in gaming workloads and that's normal with Ryzen. See my previous post here for an explanation.

Last edited:
Associate
Not much point in keeping prices high if you’ve got none to sell tho
But this way they can keep prices high because if there was a ton to sell then there won't be so much hype and prices would have to go down because stock not selling.
I mean Nvidia basically said this themselves I remember watching a Gamers Nexus video.

Associate
Unless I’ve missed it ocuk staff haven’t been saying much here either about stock updates so you wonder if there’s much prospect of more coming in. Wonder how many 7800x3ds they’ll get for launch…

Soldato
I think we need a support line for the the meltdowns that are going to occur when people can't get a CPU on launch day. I happen to be off work at the time so I'll be spamming refresh too, but ultimately I am not too bothered as my 7700X is performing admirably.

Last edited:
Associate
I had an email from a competitor this morning saying that the 7950x3d was back in stock (Not ever told them I was interested in it) and when I clicked on the link, it said pre order... so I guess it might be their April fools joke :cry: They have expected delivery on the 7th April... I don't believe that!
It's unlikely, but.. saying that, as 7800X3D's are launching on the 6th then maybe a few 7950X3D's have been shipped with them? Who knows... :confused:

Associate
But this way they can keep prices high because if there was a ton to sell then there won't be so much hype and prices would have to go down because stock not selling.
I mean Nvidia basically said this themselves I remember watching a Gamers Nexus video.
I think the point is there's a line to this though. It makes sense controlling supply against the demand to keep the price up in general. However in this case it feels like there's just no supply at all anyway so it can create the opposite effect where people will just look elsewhere since you just don't believe you'll be able to get one any time soon. Like it's been a month at this point and most places have either gotten zero deliveries or one small delivery, it doesn't make you optimistic. It's not like Intel are that much worse in most games either, and it's a bit cheaper, especially when you take into account that most people will probably have to buy a motherboard too - can't imagine many interested are already on AM5.

The only conclusion I can draw really is that they had a lot of the 7900x3d they wanted to sell, and this was the only way to do it, lol. Suddenly it looks okay value if you heavily play one of the games that really benefits from the cache and it's the only new x3d cpu you can get combined with the recent price drops.

Associate
I think the point is there's a line to this though. It makes sense controlling supply against the demand to keep the price up in general. However in this case it feels like there's just no supply at all anyway so it can create the opposite effect where people will just look elsewhere since you just don't believe you'll be able to get one any time soon. Like it's been a month at this point and most places have either gotten zero deliveries or one small delivery, it doesn't make you optimistic. It's not like Intel are that much worse in most games either, and it's a bit cheaper, especially when you take into account that most people will probably have to buy a motherboard too - can't imagine many interested are already on AM5.

The only conclusion I can draw really is that they had a lot of the 7900x3d they wanted to sell, and this was the only way to do it, lol. Suddenly it looks okay value if you heavily play one of the games that really benefits from the cache and it's the only new x3d cpu you can get combined with the recent price drops.
Yeah like you said too I forgot about the 7900X3D

Back
Top Bottom