• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I can try, share your timings. RCD 35/36 can be problematic unless your DIMMS are decent quality.
I would appreciate this Matt.

Caporegime
I would appreciate this Matt.

I mean, they're almost perfect tbh you clearly followed my previous advice. Only small changes I'd make are below.
0ZkKTPa.jpg
RFC 372 may or may not be stable, you'll soon know either way.

If you wanted to improve further you'd need to go CL26, which would require a large voltage bump. Alternatively you could keep these timings and go up to 6200Mhz, would also require more voltage and stability testing.

This what I currently run, I don't really change now as I've achieved my optimal performance.
q6vLGx0.png
I get about 56-56.4 ns in Aida.

Last edited:
Associate
I mean, they're almost perfect tbh you clearly followed my previous advice. Only small changes I'd make are below.
0ZkKTPa.jpg
RFC 372 may or may not be stable, you'll soon know either way.

If you wanted to improve further you'd need to go CL26, which would require a large voltage bump. Alternatively you could keep these timings and go up to 6200Mhz, would also require more voltage and stability testing.

This what I currently run, I don't really change now as I've achieved my optimal performance.
q6vLGx0.png
I get about 56-56.4 ns in Aida.
Ahhh that’s the problem with those timings I am unstable and get error in Karuh. I was hoping to maybe try something that might work maybe looser because those ones do not unfortunately.

This will do expo 6200 stable so could try this maybe?

Those timings on your kit are crazy good.

Caporegime
Ahhh that’s the problem with those timings I am unstable and get error in Karuh. I was hoping to maybe try something that might work maybe looser because those ones do not unfortunately.

This will do expo 6200 stable so could try this maybe?

Those timings on your kit are crazy good.
I had to put VDD voltage to 1.6v and VDDQ to 1.45v so without similar voltages yours would never be stable. However, if you can run 6200 with your timings give it a go. Just make the few changes i said, if needs be leave RFC at 404 and just change the others and use 6200.

Associate
I had to put VDD voltage to 1.6v and VDDQ to 1.45v so without similar voltages yours would never be stable. However, if you can run 6200 with your timings give it a go. Just make the few changes i said, if needs be leave RFC at 404 and just change the others and use 6200.
Sorry Matt I misunderstand at first. The timings I showed you are not stable. I was hoping you could recommend something else? My English is not so great, sorry.

Caporegime
Sorry Matt I misunderstand at first. The timings I showed you are not stable. I was hoping you could recommend something else? My English is not so great, sorry.
Okay. What VDD and VDDQ voltages are you running? 1.4V if your screenshots are accurate is unlikely to be stable at C28.

Last edited:
Associate
Okay. What VDD and VDDQ voltages are you running? 1.4V if your screenshots are accurate is unlikely to be stable at C28.
My VDD and VDDQ are 1.4 yes. The timings I showed you were the original ones that you advised me to try a while back. Unfortunately they did not work.

You think voltage is the problem maybe?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Sorry to hijack, but are these settings below cpu and memory stick specific to your set-up or would they help other set-ups ?

Dn7hHUi.png

RttNom is OFF if left at Auto on mine.
And what is Hi-Z ?
I'm using a 64GB Dual Rank kit, these are the resistance settings for DRAM. They are different depending on if you use a SR or DR kit. Generally stock values are fine which is what I am using.

Associate
So I just decided to upgrade and grabbed a 7800X3D (as well as a motherboard and 32GB of DDR5 6000MHz RAM), and wow, I'm seriously impressed with the gaming performance from this CPU, it made my 5900X (that I upgraded from) look seriously outdated, everything feels so smooth it's unreal.

Set the CO to -30 all cores off the bat, no issues so far, I've rarely seen the CPU go beyond 60c when gaming (with Peerless Assassin 120 SE cooler), though I only set it all up about 6 hours ago, so let's see how it goes.

Last edited:
Soldato
So I just decided to upgrade and grabbed a 7800X3D (as well as a motherboard and 32GB of DDR5 6000MHz RAM), and wow, I'm seriously impressed with the gaming performance from this CPU, it made my 5900X (that I upgraded from) look seriously outdated, everything feels so smooth it's unreal.

Set the CO to -30 all cores off the bat, no issues so far, I've rarely seen the CPU go beyond 60c when gaming (with Peerless Assassin 120 SE cooler), though I only set it all up about 6 hours ago, so let's see how it goes.
That's incredible that you feel it's been that much of upgrade. In my budget for an upgrade I can only afford a 7700 and I'm worried I wouldn't have a big upgrade from my Intel i7 6700k but maybe I will.

Back
Top Bottom