• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Ryzen 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D

Will you be purchasing the 7800X3D on the 6th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone checked what those Asus enhanced PBO settings are like?
Check out https://skatterbencher.com/

He uses various different motherboards but Asus is one he uses a fair amount at least 1 on the X3D CPU and one on the Non X and X variants so you can see what the Asus PBO Enhanced settings are like as he benchmarks those.

I've used his settings to OC my 7800X3D

Last edited:
A Die is usually 6800 +.

You'll not find A die on 6000 kits - unless they advertise such ( or very very lucky )

A die ends in A on the module sticker ;

2j2xuPi.png
An awful lot of 6000 speed Gskill memory were either A die or M die up to a few months ago. Luck of the draw. Certainly the ones on Amazon until june were A die. Since then every one has been M die unless you find old stocks.

I was thinking about using a 7600X instead of a 7800X3D in my soon to be new rig to save myself a few quid...and then I made the fatal mistake of reading reviews of the 7800X3D.

My credit card is now softly crying in the corner of my flat because it knows that it's going to get used HARD in a few months time lololol :cry::cry::cry:

I was thinking about using a 7600X instead of a 7800X3D in my soon to be new rig to save myself a few quid...and then I made the fatal mistake of reading reviews of the 7800X3D.

My credit card is now softly crying in the corner of my flat because it knows that it's going to get used HARD in a few months time lololol :cry::cry::cry:

You made the right decision. A 6 core CPU is not a good idea in 2023, games expect 8 cores and require this to run smoothly, especially with a decent GPU installed.

Believe it or not, there are people amongst us that bought a 4090 for £1800+ and are running it on a 6 core 7600X, absolute madness!

Has the drama around chip burnout subsided now?

How people finding their 7xxx3D's now? Happy? Anything you feel you ste missing due to the nature of the chip compared to a normal 7 series?
Mines running great -26 on most cores and 6000 on the ram with buildzoids timings, soc at 1.25 not tried 1.2 yet. y cruncher & ramtest stable 15 hours also runs all the aida64 and cinebench benchmarks.

Anything you feel you ste missing due to the nature of the chip compared to a normal 7 series?

I guess about 7% performance in applications that can't use the cache...

Honestly, I can't tell +/- 7% without pulling up some metrics.

But my 7800X3D is magnificently frugal under normal loads. It is rare that the fans raise above audible levels. Never had such a quiet pc before, and I have a history of trying to build quiet PCs.

Back
Top Bottom