• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**RYZEN CPU COOLER INFORMATION**

Soldato
Just think, if you order a 1700 you get a stock cooler with it to tide you over the initial fiddling til you get your proper cooler sorted.

It's the cheaper AMD cooler not a Wraith but it'll cool it.

Associate
i called them and they told what bracket will be ready after 2 weeks, lol

I must admit I also didn't realise this new family of CPUs were coming out until yesterday. Completely snuck up on me so if I were to be making anything for it I would also have weeks worth of delays. It must be hard being a multi million pound computer parts manufacture with decades of experience.

Associate
I must admit I also didn't realise this new family of CPUs were coming out until yesterday. Completely snuck up on me so if I were to be making anything for it I would also have weeks worth of delays. It must be hard being a multi million pound computer parts manufacture with decades of experience.
i lost my trust to corsair long time ago. Quality is ****, price is high, zero service, i just dont wanna spend extra money, before i will build custom watercooling

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Can also confirm I've never had an issue with Corsair. I remember receiving a 600T from OcUK a few years ago now that had a dodgy front panel. I spoke with Corsair and instead of sending me a replacement panel they sent me a brand new case instead.

Associate
Ah a packaged has arrived:

Cooler_AM4_Oc_UK.jpg

I wonder what it could be:
Cooler_AM4.jpg

Ah yes some Haribo and a cheeky AM4 cooler :)

Associate
Just spoken to OCUK Customer service and they said you cannot put an AM3 cooler with an AM3 back place on the Crosshair VI board.

is this information incorrect I am sure it is?

Associate
Associate
That's not right as one of the boards selling points in the fact that its fits AM3 brackets (hence the two sets of holes on the board) and there are videos showing it. A lot of people me included are getting this board as it allows you to use the AM3 coolers with out the AM4 brackets (looking at corsair and their delays).

See here : https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_ryzen_rog_am4_crosshair_vi_hero_preview/2

Just read this so yes it has support for both sockets.

I'm not sure why i was told otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom