• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**RYZEN CPU COOLER INFORMATION**

Associate
I rang NZXT they said they are still in the process of manufacturing the new brackets and will reply to everyone who has requested one once they have them.

It's still very slow and poor service if you ask me

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi, I agree and I think a lot of companies have been blind sided on how successful the ryzen launch has been.

I believe both NZXT and Corsair will be about the 15th.

Soldato
Well I hope so. I ordered mine from Corsair as soon as they put the page up to do so, and I am getting my mobo and new case tomorrow. So if I only have to run the stock cooler for a couple days, it wont be so bad.

Soldato
Out of interest if the mobo manufactures could get the AM3 mount position to work fine and thus cooler to do so why the need for a new standard? Is it a smaller footprint for the bracket overall?

Associate
Just to give you guys an update I just received this email from NZXT.

Due to the recent release of the new AMD Ryzen CPUs, a new AM4 sockets has been introduced We at NZXT believe in providing high-quality components to our customers as well as exceptional customer service no matter where you live. We are currently producing a retention bracket to support the new AM4 socket as well as the AM2 and AM3 sockets and will be providing this for free to all qualified users.

It was recently brought to our attention that there is a possible compatibility issue as shown http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-am4-motherboard-heatsink-problem,33771.html.
At this time we are waiting on our partner Asetek to complete compatibility testing across all available AM4 motherboards. We do not have a planned ship date at this time but we will be updating soon with more information.

"We will still be accepting requests from qualified users for the AM4 bracket at this time."

**Estimated shipping date is yet to be determined. And we appreciate your patience in this.**

However your request for the AM4 Bracket has been approved and will move on to process and putting this standby. We will also update you back with the tracking number once the order has been completed.

Associate
I've got a CH6 on the way and have a Kraken x62 fitted in my case already. Pished off at NZXT and if i hadn't have fitted it is have sent it back!

Can someone recommend me a link to get an AM3 backplate, or a cooler that's cheap that i can nick the backplate off? PM me if it breaks any rules(?).

Just want my rig sorted ASAP and it looks to me like NZXT are going to be Mid-April at this stage...

Back
Top Bottom