• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen noob, need advice please

Associate
Evening all. Very quick and simple question, these maximum voltages look very high to me. Should I be readjusting something in the BIOS? Is it boosting right? Do the boost clocks look correct?

Basically, what is ok and what isn't about these readings? Cheers :)

mTT63PG.png

Associate
OP
No worries! I do appreciate your input, not had an AMD for 15 years and a lot has clearly changed.

If anyone who is an expert on the Ryzens and is viewing on a PC, I'd be very grateful if you could check out that screen in the original post and for any input you could give too.

Soldato
If your concerned you could undervolt a bit and still keep the same performance would run some cinebench R20 before and after while applying a -0.05 negative offset and seeing if it effects performance. Should reduce temps a bit too.

Associate
OP
Thanks for answering. I'm not really concerned as such, it's sufficiently cooled and runs well. But just wanting someone with a bit of experience with these chips to just confirm that what I posted above is as it should be :)

Associate
All looks great. Enjoy

1.5 volt is only very light load so no risk of damage. Put it under load and it will drop to 1.3 - 1.4 , all good.

Associate
OP
Nice clean looking build :)

Cheers :) I got a new case last year, kinda glad I did now for this one. It'll look ok when it's been cleaned and the tempered glass is back on. The case is good for cable management, you can tuck it all away nicely.

Those with OCD may freak out at the PCI-E slot cover that is missing, that's staying out for now as firstly I have to find it, and secondly I'm using the optical out on the motherboard. I did use my Asus Xonar with the previous build. I thought it's just ones and zeros coming down that optical cable and that it'd be as good as my soundcard as my amp is doing the sound processing, but audio experts on the Internet seem to think a sound card transporting those ones and zeros is better quality. I dunno, it certainly sounds far better than any analogue onboard sound I ever had.

C64

C64

Soldato
1.5v idle isn't normal get 1usmus custom power plan 1.1
GamgEaOtOW4s1anjWLDAUA_3iMEP8KmSL5avDCOX1KZ5Abw2LJ2CsDOwn-soYFlhHXtecDtTXci4jRM50XpuNKIKsQ2Duv5koWaLg3c-L4KJluGJvi92Se00ZdnaNjuguUqvdzvGJoZvEuLbZEzRpkqWBj6tpf8y_EnGr56jqIK6kF3EV-uFf7FSlufy7yX8W0fWSpfRNINOjcYQJ48S_6fpFMc6V68kC1opS1_bwKNCe3rQaloACIVMMf_FXCCEk7_-dBh5RJ5J1GLS--449AR4JUAnfGj_jNS8KfUOEAihXyfSF13J574Fr12rsGZiZBzEN9hsF7V4Ki-JJXGoWzT9sz44vPbe1hTAyYDjm_-wpO2Dcz5H5XQAIi0Jizz7NlRx5ubf995-6pFQZTAGiXNXa1luBBciA6NjHWffFRFHytiNDri_4wuWO9bY7hHGqhlDjd19Gt-ak8aPkyz_fjRPjoCFgsC6DzEQSrPcUzzWKz3G-GebKrinTMKuNWQ4L066D5VugMR_AXpTR2YWlcnNh14nEazfGiV7j_SprIDIcqmILnfPDSi_ATHHsC-YJWCUJngUFI4y_W3hTuVyhWDdkPdsfQQAV1oRGDbdVp0lzdAGgjR4cbF_a66geaqUctlCO_7Bt2X1NsGCpjq_d1LtQZQk_OdVgK3VM2yh8dzJ_mfyry_tKOypRPaE=w634-h480-no

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom