Saints Row IV

Soldato
my friend has told me that because of a recent patch, LOTS of things have been screwing up. Such as guns disappearing etc. Also apparently nvidia cards have been completely screwed over, needing high end cards to play at good settings.

Soldato
3 has always been worth picking up, After playing IV for a while, I think personally 3 is better, It seems more finished, polished. IV is a great game, but for me it's just lacking something I can't quite put a finger on.

Soldato
wheres the cheapest place to get this ?

Steam sale this Christmas.

That being said, I cracked and picked it up and am having a blast, it's wonderful. Silly, puerile, over the top. It takes the mick out of all sorts of genre conventions, but always with a warm, wry loving smile.

Played the MGS box level last night and it made me giggle. My wife keeps walking past and thinking i'm playing a different game every time.

Haven't seen anything quite as classy as Gangstas in Space yet tho, brilliant sound track tho. Recreating a scene from Independence Day to the beat of "What is Love" by Haddaway was superb.

Last edited:
Associate
Played SR 4 for a few days and I grew quickly bored.... The world looks kinda cool, and some of the powers are fun, but it's like play a joke god mode at times the ease at which powers kill things. Also having the powers means driving is not fun because its quicker to just run.

Bit disappointed really.

Associate
Steam sale this Christmas.

That being said, I cracked and picked it up and am having a blast, it's wonderful. Silly, puerile, over the top. It takes the mick out of all sorts of genre conventions, but always with a warm, wry loving smile.

Played the MGS box level last night and it made me giggle. My wife keeps walking past and thinking i'm playing a different game every time.

Haven't seen anything quite as classy as Gangstas in Space yet tho, brilliant sound track tho. Recreating a scene from Independence Day to the beat of "What is Love" by Haddaway was superb.

I had the same reaction to the "What is Love" and MGS section, very well done missions.

As someone else said, driving is pretty much pointless now, I also found little to no need for my homies outside of calling in a super homie from time to time.

For me, at £32 it's worth it. I'm about 14 hrs in and still want to play more.

Soldato
Im not enjoying SR4 as much as I did with SR3

The minigames were better in sr3 and the teleporting out of the virtual world is annoying

overall the game has lost some of its fun, lunacy magic :(

Saints Row The Third

8/10

The first few missions were really fun, there was a dip in the middle, but the ending was great too

The small activities were fun too, Grinkos challenge was my favourite as i like to think im quite a sharp shooter.

There were things in it that i thought were a bit of a gimmick like the changing of clothes for respect, the fact you can customise your gang, etc

The weapons were overall decent but the accuracy of the guns was horrible, even if you were firing single shots the rounds would go everywhere.

Overall I found that it was a cross between GTA and burnout (the fact you get points for driving on the other side of the road, near misses, the activities where you have to cause monetary damage, etc)

A very enjoyable game and certainly worth a playthrough :)

Associate
As someone else said, driving is pretty much pointless now

I've just recently started playing this having only dabbled with SR3 briefly in the past.

Whilst I'm enjoying it I do have to agree about the driving. It kind of makes the game feel a bit unbalanced.....on the one hand the devs have included various vehicle upgrade options but on the other they bestow you with super powers so early on that the cars are rendered more of less redundant. It is fun though, just not quite what I was expecting!

Caporegime
Screenshot9517.jpg

:p:D

Soldato
I have to say, overall I prefer SR3, it just feels more 'complete', whereas SR4 is lacking something, maybe its the fact that by the end, I'm still being attacked by wardens and zin forces, when really, they should be on their knees..

Associate
3 is a better game for sure. 4 is very reliant on mini games. The data biscuits are boring to collect. Not to mention audio tapes.

Still the Super powers are nice to play with. It renders every vehicle pointless though which is why I prefer 3.

Yeah, me and my friend played 13 hours today and yesterday :o Completed the story and a lot of the side quests too (the ones that got you the weapons!)

Lots of fun, a little rough around the edges and doesn't feel quite complete, but still a great game to play for free over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom