Poll: Sakhir Grand Prix 2020, Sakhir - Race 16/17

Rate the 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I assumed karting allows the smaller kids to excel, which gives them the opportunity to gain experience. At the lower levels a gorilla is never going to win, no matter how skilled.

A smaller driver means the minimum car weight can be in the form of ballast put wherever is most advantageous for the car.

Soldato
Wow, there are people out there all over Facebook groups that are convinced this was a conspiracy and that mercedes were acting, deliberately sabotaging the race so as not to upstage Lewis and Bottas.

Caporegime
Wow, there are people out there all over Facebook groups that are convinced this was a conspiracy and that mercedes were acting, deliberately sabotaging the race so as not to upstage Lewis and Bottas.

Twitter too. #F1 is a weird mix of some of the best and more sensible comment on F1 around, frothing fanboys, conspiracy nuts, never-ending hate, and a huge amount of thirsty comments for the drivers.

Soldato
Apparently Netflix were filming at Mercedes this weekend. That should be a good episode next year.
If that’s true, I think Merc need to stop doing D2S.

Wasn’t it their anniversary race in Germany when Netflix were with them and everything went wrong.

Maybe having the film crew around throws them off their game…

Soldato

The last thing Mercedes would do is make themselves look like sub-Ferrari muppets in terms of strategy and pit crew performance.

Caporegime
You can almost forgive the conspiracy nutters
I mean, when's the last time they had a race that b dad self imposed?

But it didn't work, that's the issue. It didn't save bottas embarrassment.

It probably hurt Hamiltons stock a bit too.
How much better would Hamilton have done than Russell? Not much I doubt.

Hamilton has often been out qualified by bottas only to inevitably overhaul him in race trim.

Russell did the same. As suspected, Hamilton is good, but is flattered by bottas.

Caporegime
How much better would Hamilton have done than Russell?

I suspect Hamilton would have been further ahead of Bottas at the time the safety car came out and that would have fundamentally changed the situation, either he'd have missed the chance to pit under safety car or there would have been a vital bit of extra time for the crew to sort out the tyres between the two drivers.

But, if not, yeah, Russell got as much out of that race given what happened as I think it was possible to get. Being a second closer to Bottas at the end wouldn't have changed anything.

As suspected, Hamilton is good, but is flattered by bottas.

I hope that Bottas gets a half decent drive after Mercedes so we can assess his quality away from Hamilton. I think he's not top drawer, but neither is he in any way a bad driver, although better on Saturday than Sunday. He's up against, IMO, one of the best qualifiers on the grid and almost never embarrasses himself.

Caporegime
I suspect Hamilton would have been further ahead of Bottas at the time the safety car came out and that would have fundamentally changed the situation, either he'd have missed the chance to pit under safety car or there would have been a vital bit of extra time for the crew to sort out the tyres between the two drivers.

But, if not, yeah, Russell got as much out of that race given what happened as I think it was possible to get. Being a second closer to Bottas at the end wouldn't have changed anything.

I hope that Bottas gets a half decent drive after Mercedes so we can assess his quality away from Hamilton. I think he's not top drawer, but neither is he in any way a bad driver, although better on Saturday than Sunday. He's up against, IMO, one of the best qualifiers on the grid and almost never embarrasses himself.

Agreed . He's not bad. But he's not stellar. Which is perfect for merc at the moment. Unfortunately merc don't need (or want!) two Hamiltons when the field is so far behind.

Bottas also has done better than any of the other RBR second drivers.. Unless verstappen is even better than Hamilton.

I really hoped Hamilton wouldn't be back for the finale. Not wishing harm. But would have been great for a re run

Soldato
Bottas has removed all mercedes references from his ig bio...

https://www.instagram.com/valtteribottas/

Apparently George has removed all Williams references from his, but that might have just been for last weekend and maybe this weekend.

Was it ever there? His Twitter and official website still say Mercedes

Mercedes F1 Instagram have now changed their bio too.

"It's just an instagram bio. Don't overthink it. :p"

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

It's nice to see an organisation that trusts their communications team to do something like that, without going through several layers of red tape meetings.

Back
Top Bottom