Sales Calls - Shouldnt there be a Law against this!!

Associate
I never get any unsolicited calls.

However I must get 3-4 texts a week from Orange letting me know if I'm eligible for rewards this month, whether I've won something etc.

I wonder if ringing them would help and if the person I speak to even knows what I'm ranting about?

Soldato
You have to be dead hard like me.
Either tell them your Mum & Dad aren't in or do my latest one - put the phone down, let them talk to themselves, pick phone up 1 minute later and see if they're still there.

lol that's great...

However don't you guys realise that with manufacturing destroyed by the tories reign of terror and Brown's mishandling of the countries financial system it's the only industry that we have left. :o

Soldato
There is no point of hanging up being rude etc... all you are doing is making them reschedule the call. If you are a particular prat to a sales call expect worse treatment. The best policy is to 1 sign up for TPS and 2 ask to be taken off their calling list. Not all companies have to adhere to TPS.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

When I signed up for a landline the customer service rep (BT) asked me if I wanted to subscribe to the TPS.

I must get 1 incoming call a week, and that's the mother-in-law.

*shudder*

Soldato
I spent 10 minutes arguing with a chap from an indian call centre who was asking me if I had any debts and would I be interested in an IVA, he said his name was "George", I ALMOST got him to admit his real name wasn't George but my wife intervened and told me to stop winding him up.

Soldato
They are annoying, but give me great amusement when the lass is expecting a call and instead it keeps on being sales calls, its the only time I hear her swear and it always makes me chuckle :p

Back
Top Bottom