Salman Rushdie attacked

Soldato
One can only hope that when these idiotic unable to think for themselves devout followers of the most barbaric and backward thinking so called religion finally get to thier heaven and look forward to 72 vigins, they get to meet Ron Jeremy sporting a particulary large and hairy boner.
It's the least they deserve.

Man of Honour
Hmm so basically he's probably from or has ancestry from Iraq or Iran or Syria or Lebanon.
I believe he is American 24 years old but presumably does have ancestry from those regions yeah (also I dont know if he is naturalised American or born in the US)

He has in the past made social media posts in support of Iran and Shi'a extremism

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Who? No idea who he is, never heard of him.

From a quick read of the BBC article he ruffled Muslim feathers by questioning their ridiculous religion and beliefs, which is only a good thing. So hope he makes it.

Soldato
Attacker should spend the rest of their life in a stainless steel cell.

If the Iranian government pays out the bounty then he ought to be able to afford a good lawyer...
Who? No idea who he is, never heard of him.

From a quick read of the BBC article he ruffled Muslim feathers by questioning their ridiculous religion and beliefs, which is only a good thing. So hope he makes it.

Serious question: How old are you? Maybe he slipped from public consciousness later on, but if you were alive in the 90s I don't see how you can have avoided hearing about him.

Soldato
In the UK I thought you can't commercially benefit from your crimes, for example if you murder someone you can't write a book etc so the funds of a fatwa would be seized.

Personally I think assets from the attack should be seized - that includes after. Iran won't give a damn about the US so there would always be a hero's welcome should he decide to relocate to Iran and collect the bounty. I suspect there will be a lot of hardline muslims that would be willing to help defend him to reduce his sentence.

Back
Top Bottom