- Response Time: 5ms (2D) / 3ms (3D)
- Viewing Angles (H/V): 170°/160°
- Colours: 16.7 Million
- Inputs: 1x DVI-D
- VESA Compliant
- Dimensions: 516.8mm x 421.3mm x 208.7mm
- Weight: 5.5kg
- Warranty: 3 Years On-Site

Get your downloads here - as the cd supplied will probably be outdated.
Quick Start Guide
Tips & Tricks
User Manual
Vista v1.08
Windows 7 - Beta v1.08
Medusa 3D Stereo Demo
3D Stereo Image/Video Player
Boring 3D videos - I'll try and post more soon

Reviews
Detail indepth Monitor review
Xbitlabs glasses review
More info here
Cnet video
OverclockersClub
Anandtech
Bjorn3D
PcPerspective
PcPerspective Video - warning 290megs
Supported games
Reviewers raving about games like Left for Dead and Grid working awesomely.
Most games are using existing code to do the 3D, new games are coming out with real z-depth to increase pop-out etc. Even WoW has been enhanced by blizzard to offer real 3D.
Looks like Nv have really gone full throttle on making the software side solid.

As a Gaming monitor this looks great, - 120fps is possible in first person shooters again. - Finally!
It will perform similarly to the otherwise good but standard samsung tn panels for other uses.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not a clue it would be great but I heard it was going to be using interpolation tricks, or it was guessed that it might?

The Nvidia stereo mode is a joke, (possibly) heavy glasses that need batteries that basically cause you to wink one eye then the other. With the "3d" mode you still only get 60fps because each eye only see's half the frames but without the 120hz screen's you'd be at an incredibly painful 30fps all the time. Either way the glasses need batteries which will weigh something, and need constantly recharging or replacing, probably not be very comftable due to glasses and battery weight and the tech gives you headaches with longer use. nvidia does it again :p

But 120hz screens not for use with that would be great, however, are all the new screens for this being made with the 3d coating, tbh I don't know much about it, how do the coatings work for 3d, do they lessen the image quality when not in 3d mode at all?

I'm tempted to use VGA quite often on my lcd purely down to the fact most lcd's will do 75hz over d-sub, find it far less straining.

Yup, i only just read a bit of the manual, the type they've gone for I'm not sure is compatible with the other types of 3d being done with different glasses or whatever else. Any screens coming out at 120hz without all the 3d parp? Seems a waste to pay the extra for a 120hz screen then pay an extra premium for 3d coatings/tech you won't ever use :(

EDIT:_ on thinking about it wouldn't less interpolation but actually repeating two frames make more sense for the "stereo" nvidia effect, because then both eyes would see an identical frame but from slightly different angles?

Its been stupidly long for them to do this though hasn't it, I would have bought a quite silly expensive 120hz version years ago if it was available, even if I had to go a little lower res (due to price) for gaming and less eye strain(hopefully).

Last edited:
Associate
120Hz + FPS games = win. These are looking cheaper than expected.

From Fudzilla.

We've spoken with several monitor manufacturers and despite announcement of 120Hz 22-inch monitors planned for late January, you won't see anything much bigger than this anytime soon.

LG should come out with a 23.5-inch display with 1,920x1,200 resolution at 120Hz, but we've been told not to expect any larger monitors anytime soon.

The 22-inch model from Viewsonic which goes under the name of Fuhzion will start selling soon for $340, which is quite a lot for rather small display, especially if you know that in Germany you can buy normal 22-inch display for as little as €99 ($136).

Nvidia doesn’t thinks that these displays are expensive, but at the same time company sources have commented that every technology is expensive at launch and that the prices will eventually come down.

The 23.5-inch LG might launch in Q1 2009, while the bigger models will probably show up some time in the second half of the year.

Associate
OP
From Samsungs site.

Meet the gamer’s new best friend, the Samsung 2233RZ. In addition to the award winning features one would expect from Samsung, this svelte monitor is fully compatible with Nvidia’s revolutionary new GeForce 3D Vision graphics cards.

The 2233RZ is housed in a streamlined, glossy black bezel designed to accentuate any desk. This widescreen monitor also displays images accurately in both 5:4 and 4:3 aspect ratios with a native 1680 x 1050 resolution. Additionally, a built-in off-timer makes energy savings a snap by easily powering down the display at set terms.

It will be available in spring 2009 with an MSRP of $349.

Full product specs:
# 1680 by 1050 Native Resolution
# 300 cd/m2 Brightness
# 20,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
# 170o/160o (CR>10) Viewing Angle
# GTG 3ms (3D) / 5ms(2D) of Response Time
# 120Hz Dual Engine

Pix coming soon

Soldato
This is a good reason too not spend £400-600 on a TFT, its gonna be out of date within 6 months regardless :)

Now if it was a 24" TFT with 120hertz and IPS type panels for £500-600 then it might be worth it !

Sem

Sem

Soldato
will 120Hz really make that much difference when it comes to gaming
i thought the main problem with LCDs is response time and input lag

Caporegime
Its a pain, theres very little info on if they'll actually be any good. Interpolated isn't, well, ideal. It "should" help with tearing, eye strain and the like I'd guess, but you're not really getting more frames per second, you're just getting double's.

Good and bad things about it, but as Sem said, response time is going to be just as important for none ghosting and will the interpolating get rid of ghosting itself and actively remove the ghosting, or won't it. I really don't know, waiting for proper reviews and people using them in games I guess.

bah, would almost be tempted by a nice IIyama CRT with 120hz real, if you could find them anymore, if they weren't so freaking ridiculously big and didn't draw ludicrous amounts of power :p

Caporegime

Do'h, posted as you posted. Theres actually a , well, slightly more trustworthy(but also praising) review on bit-tech. But personally I'm far more interested in a review of the screen itself in 120hz mode. The problem is I see that some/most of these screens will suck at 120hz without the nvidia glasses, because they are purely designed to double the frames so each eye see's the same thing and without the glasses/3d it won't feel different to a 60hz screen.

Thing is I want 120hz to get less eye strain, I don't want to pay for a 120hz screen, for a more eye strain inducing experience that is no better in normal 120hz mode than 60hz.

Hopefully they'll be great in 120hz and the nvidia glasses can just improve things for those that want them.

Back
Top Bottom