Samsung 24" and 27" CFG70 144 Hz / 34" CF791 100Hz VA FreeSync

Soldato
It wasn't intended to be sarcastic, I was simply answering your question. Unfortunately 'tones' can be difficult to interpret over the internet, on a forum. Apologies if it came across in a snide way. The bit after the first sentence was not directed at you, it was more of a general point.

@hornetstinger.

Exactly the same panel is used with the same backlight, which most of that information reinforces. However; the information regarding 'Adobe RGB gamut coverage' on that link is incorrect. Both models are ~125% sRGB and offer the same Adobe RGB coverage (goes without saying really, or the sRGB coverage would be different as well).

Last edited:
Associate
I got a cf791 over the weekend which replaces 2 dell u2415h panels and I'm surprised how good it is. no issues I can see its fast colours are just as good as the dell's very little if any blb and actually being able to see black again is a nice bonus, too bad my 970 struggle on some titles

Associate
I finally got one of these, made in Dec 2016. Very impressed so far. I haven't seen any noticeable purple shift in games and text doesn't look blurry. The strobing backlight makes everything so responsive.

I originally ordered one from OCuk but was sent clearly used stock as new, so really not impressed at all with OCuk about that. Ordered elsewhere in the end.

Last edited:
Associate
Just got the 34" today and it looks great. For some reason only got it to work on HDMI instead of display port but I'll have a proper look later as I have to run for work now.

Soldato
What do you mean I don't go into any type of rating? The conclusion if pretty... Er.... Conclusive. Clearly breaks down the pros and cons, has a single sentence summing up the experience ("the bottom line") and even includes a score at the end.

Soldato
I use whatever I'm reviewing day to day, but have a few reference screens such as a Dell S2716DG and Samsung S24E390HL. I'm not too fussy about my own monitors, as I say they're reference screens which are strong in specific areas and therefore used to compare others to.

And no, the C24FG70 was sent back to Samsung ages ago.

Associate
I recently picked up the Samsung C34F791 UWQDH monitor and I'm absolutely loving the display! But I'm having issues with the audio when I enable FreeSync.

The audio works fine from a cold boot of the PC and monitor, but as soon as I go into a fullscreen, 3D game the audio will stop working and the only way to get it back is if I power-cycle the monitor.

When I have FreeSync disabled either within the AMD Radeon settings, or the monitor's OSD the audio works fine.
I have the monitor connected to an MSI R9 290.

Does anyone else have this monitor and have this issue or know how to resolve it?

The computer specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core-i3 6320 3.9GHz
MB: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Hypertec
GPU: MSI R9 290 4GB
PSU: Corsair VS450

Thanks,

Lyno

Back
Top Bottom