Samsung 24" and 27" CFG70 144 Hz / 34" CF791 100Hz VA FreeSync

Associate
I recently picked up the Samsung C34F791 UWQDH monitor and I'm absolutely loving the display! But I'm having issues with the audio when I enable FreeSync.

The audio works fine from a cold boot of the PC and monitor, but as soon as I go into a fullscreen, 3D game the audio will stop working and the only way to get it back is if I power-cycle the monitor.

When I have FreeSync disabled either within the AMD Radeon settings, or the monitor's OSD the audio works fine.
I have the monitor connected to an MSI R9 290.

Does anyone else have this monitor and have this issue or know how to resolve it?

The computer specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel Core-i3 6320 3.9GHz
MB: MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Hypertec
GPU: MSI R9 290 4GB
PSU: Corsair VS450

Thanks,

Lyno
Are you using DP or HDMI? When I had my CF791, I had no issues with the audio over DP. I actually found the sound to be one of the best aspects of this monitor.
I only used standard for free sync with my R9 290, as ultimate flickered too much.

Soldato
from the rainforest. Also this monitor is useless, as going into BIOS or during text post screen everything is blocky and unreadable.
Perfectly ok with every other monitor I've ever used.

will post photo

Soldato
from rainforest, and not marketplace seller.

Also this monitor is useless, because during post and bios all you can see is this. Even during Windows fresh install, the bit where you select partition/hard drive it's just a blocky mess. I had the two monitors connected, the TN 24" was fine, the VA 24" blocky mess. It's ok when you boot into windows.

https://ibb.co/idgYHQ

Associate
Are you using DP or HDMI? When I had my CF791, I had no issues with the audio over DP. I actually found the sound to be one of the best aspects of this monitor.
I only used standard for free sync with my R9 290, as ultimate flickered too much.

Using the DP cable that came with the monitor

Associate
Would I be insane getting the 34" and selling my Nvidia 1080 card and replace that with a Vega card so then I can use freesync?
Have a look at Gamers Nexus YouTube to research this. Two interesting videos you should look at. One on cost of ownership between Vega and Nvidia and the other on CF791 flicker and Vega. I think its likely Vega56 and the CF791 would give you 100FPS under ultimate setting and be a good experience. It also important to note that all the new HDR screens next year are QDOT VA, so you know the CF791 is a good bet.

Associate
I just picked up the 24' variant, which was delivered today from OCUK.

No dead pixels, monitor is in perfect condition.

Very pleased with the purchase. Will buy a 2nd one in a couple of weeks!

Caporegime
Would I be insane getting the 34" and selling my Nvidia 1080 card and replace that with a Vega card so then I can use freesync?

Yes, you're nuts imo. Personally I'd just suck it up and splash on a Gsync screen, at least with nVidia you're going to have a solid upgrade path. AMD may not have anything worth switching to for the next few years imo, they are *really* behind.

Soldato

How long do you usually keep your graphics card for?

If you really like this monitor, then no, why would you be nuts? Buy the monitor, try it out with the 1080.

Back
Top Bottom