Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Associate
Hi, may i ask you anyone here who owns the CRG9 and a PS4 if the PS4 works ok in PBP mode? With left side being a PC screen and right being PS4. I know this monitor is not for console at all, but im like 80-90% PC user and gamer and the rest i play console with a few friends who only have console (FIFA, some shooters and sony exclusives).

No problem it works but you will loose a few feature like HDR, Freesync, low response time you can find the exact list in the manual that you can download on the website :).

Associate
No problem it works but you will loose a few feature like HDR, Freesync, low response time you can find the exact list in the manual that you can download on the website :).

oo the no low response time seems it may not be too good. If switch to ps4 on whole screen, will it switch to 16:9 in centre with those features?

Associate
I haven't tested it with the PS4 but that's the behaviour with my switch.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really want it and love the clean look but don't know if its worth it over two 27 monitors (for my needs). I would just purchase and try out, but this is a very awkward shipping size to send back i would imagine.

I’ll just toy with the idea in my head for a few days i think

Associate
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really want it and love the clean look but don't know if its worth it over two 27 monitors (for my needs). I would just purchase and try out, but this is a very awkward shipping size to send back i would imagine.

I’ll just toy with the idea in my head for a few days i think

Yeah the box is huge and the setting up is a bit clunky since the monitor is so large and heavy :)

Associate
So, first impressions of the monitor are it's overall excellent. Couple of comments - text doesn't seem that clear anyone changed any settings? In fact are there a recommended setup somewhere for it?

Anyone who uses PBP regularly have a way of snap changing display settings in windows 10? Want to be able to either quickly change or ideally auto change when enabling PBP mode.

Associate
So, first impressions of the monitor are it's overall excellent. Couple of comments - text doesn't seem that clear anyone changed any settings? In fact are there a recommended setup somewhere for it?

Anyone who uses PBP regularly have a way of snap changing display settings in windows 10? Want to be able to either quickly change or ideally auto change when enabling PBP mode.

For the clarity I don't have this issue but you might want to enable clear type option in windows.

For the snap in I dont think that there is a solution in Windows itself You might want to try other windows managers.

Associate
As I repeated in my previous comments I would only pick this up if it was on sale. Well yesterday I found a used one with warranty for £400 less then the RRP. Needless to say I pressed buy straight away.

It arrived today ( looks unused.. ) and wow its a nice upgrade on the old 49 model. However some games I need to lower the details to high ( looking at you BF5 ) as the RTX2080 struggles on ultra - 30ish fps.

Tried Battlefront Star Wars and Destiny 2 and they both look stunning. Mortal Kombat 11 also very impressive.

Text is smaller though and that does hurt my poor eyes. ( already at 125% dpi increase )

Last edited:
Associate
I had similar issues with black screens on cold boot, and occasional resume issues with the CHG90. Nvidia drivers fixed the resume issue, and to fix the cold boot black screens you need to disable windows fast start. I've not had any issues with the CRG9 yet, but I haven't re-enabled fast startup since then.

Iceman thank you for helping me !! On the new Monitor Crg9 I had the same black screen issues and read your post and disabled windows fast start and its fixed it. Was very annoying

Associate
Honestly no not really it still looks great at the preset below ultra.

However I will move my rtx 2080ti over though... Seems a waste not to game in ultra.

Even destiny 2 at 60 to 70 FPS feels sluggish compared to 100 to 144 on the old pre gen 49 monitor.

Caporegime
However I will move my rtx 2080ti over though... Seems a waste not to game in ultra.

Agreed, perfect card for this.

Got one earlier and have to say it's *stunning*, the 5700XT is just about holding it's own with a few reduced settings and a knock down in the internal resolution (with the CAS feature making up for it tbh, that's a great thing). Lovely :cool:

Associate
Agreed, perfect card for this.

Got one earlier and have to say it's *stunning*, the 5700XT is just about holding it's own with a few reduced settings and a knock down in the internal resolution (with the CAS feature making up for it tbh, that's a great thing). Lovely :cool:

I have to fully agree - Tried Destiny 2 now that I properly calibrated HDR and its stunning. ( Looks like D2 HDR Calibration is broken - if you google it ). Forza Horizon 4 on this monitor is a thing of pleasure ! I will post some photos up later !

The 2080 Ti over the 2080 difference is night and day. I can play games at ultra again.

Associate
I have no problems going to AMD if they have a fast enough card and will keep an eye out. Im building a spare PC out of left over components. So if a new powerful 2080 TI beating AMD card comes out at a good price- they can have the RTX 2080.

This monitor is a thing of pleasure. Was toying with the idea of the 4k Acer/Asus monitor for my main rig.However I used to get neck ache looking up and down on a 40 inch monitor before.

Caporegime
This monitor is a thing of pleasure. Was toying with the idea of the 4k Acer/Asus monitor for my main rig.However I used to get neck ache looking up and down on a 40 inch monitor before.

Yeah, I was considering the new 4k/120hz screens coming but the graphical requirements are mad enough at this res never mind high-hz 4k!!

Big Navi w/Hybrid RT cores I'm expecting next Summer, it's a big jump for them.

Associate
I'm constantly flip flopping choosing a monitor right now. This is one option. I really like this monitor because it would give me a wide fov for my SIM racing (mostly iracing on pc) but would be less useful for console gaming. I would prefer IPS (34kg950f) but obviously that's a lot smaller. Other IPS are too dear or low refresh.

The thing I mostly worry about with VA is the black smear. I tried my son's Asus XG32VQ and while I loved the contrast and colours and 144hz high refresh, the black smearing in games like dirt rally (night driving) was really annoying. Unfortunately that's the only reference point I have. Anyone know if this would be better? How do you owners find it?

Back
Top Bottom