Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Associate
Tbh man it sounds like you don't really want it at all, might be better to source a more sensible alternative :)

LOL. It does, doesn't it. Trouble is I keep seeing youtube videos and the FOV looks amazing for sim racing (which is probably 70% of my game time). Can't even see my side mirrors with my 16:9 27".

Maybe I should just stay off youtube instead.

Soldato
I've just got my CRG 9 Delivered. Installed it. MAN IS THIS THING BIG.

I'd measured it on my desk but somehow its bigger in person. Honestly mesmerised. The screen real estate is going to take some getting used to. Having a full browser on one side and a full itunes on the other is so nice. I booted up PES 2020 demo. Every match starts of in 16:9 then transitions to ur default resolution. WOW. Literally its like coming from nothing to the proper experience.

Booted up TW3. On an RTX 2080 this screen played it fine. I've just enabled freesync ultimate and left it at that.

This must be the best device for sim racing period apart from VR.

Also so happy to finally be rid of the IPS glow. I know a lot of people really like IPs for the viewing angles and colour accuracy but the BLB and IPS glow were driving me crazy. This panel is soooo much better. The local dimming did seem to kick in unneccearily though which caused a halo effect but i disabled it. Overall its amazing. For £1,000, I think its amazing.

It also looks like something from the future. My parents saw it and were like wtf. Issue I have is it clearly obstructs my speakers on the desks o I'll need to buy some shelves to put them on.
The 49 inches surpsingly JUST fills my peripheral vision.I actually think I'll end up seeing this as the minimum FOV for monitor gaming for myself from now on.

Soldato
I'd say it was fine tbh as it's on the edge of the screen, a replacement might have one bang in the middle!!

Very true. I contacted Rainforest and they offered a replacement screen. I'm tempted to get one just to compare. Otherwise its flawless/beautiful.

I'm still so happy just being away from IPS Glow. I can actually enjoy blacks again.

The build quality of the Alienware is still in a total class of its own though.

Soldato
Alienware is a *tank* !!

Yup. Retailer has sent out a replacement. I'll compare the new one to this one and make a decision. Since its £1,000, I'm just hedging my bets on getting the best possible panel I can given the deficicency.

Yeah, The alienware is honestly ridiculous. I remember lifting it for the first time. Everything about it feels so freaking solid.

Soldato
Let us know when your sending your dead pixel one back so I can pick it up as a B Stock item with a big discount :)

Haha. I'll let you know. The screen is incredible. Tbh if they told me I couldn't get a replacement, I wouldn't even argue. I'm in LOVE with this.

I'm actually just.. content. Like I don't feel the need to even debate monitors anymore on here or reddit or google whats the next latest monitor. Everyone else can do what they want, I just wanna play and be immersed.

Associate
If you like fighting games - The new Mortal Kombat will blow you away on it.

Its like a better arcade experience then the actual arcade experience. If I had a shop I would set it up for £1 for 3 Games and people would flock to play on the ultra wide

Soldato
If you like fighting games - The new Mortal Kombat will blow you away on it.

Its like a better arcade experience then the actual arcade experience. If I had a shop I would set it up for £1 for 3 Games and people would flock to play on the ultra wide

will check it out.

i just found a witcher 3 cutscene fix for 32:9 so now i can experience the entire game in 32:9. man its amazing.
also played far cry primal for 5 minutes. insane.
i have dragon age inquisition on download.

so tw3/far cry primal/dai :D

Associate
@aoaaron

How have you found the black smearing in dark scenes? Do you even notice it?

Can you change the overdrive settings while freesync is on? (I had heard you couldn't, hoped it had been updated through firmware).

Associate
I am interested in getting this monitor. However I feel my current GTX 970 will not cut it. As in the main game I would want it for (Destiny 2) only just about manages 40 fps at 1440p. Would a 2070 or 2070 super be sufficient? Is there anyway to check if Destiny 2 supports 32:9 perhaps one you that have already got one have this game? Lastly is the horizontal dimension of 1m 20 the measurement straight across the front or is it including the curve?

What version of displayport do I need to get to the full resolution and refresh rate?

Thanks in advance.

Associate
@aoaaron

How have you found the black smearing in dark scenes? Do you even notice it?

Can you change the overdrive settings while freesync is on? (I had heard you couldn't, hoped it had been updated through firmware).

I see them from time to time in greyish area but its rare and not distracting.
You cannot change the od setting in freesync mode, most probably as the oevrdrive need to be different for each refresh rate.

Back
Top Bottom