Samsung 49'' inch monitor (CRG9) release date 22 April and cost about 1.400£

Associate
I'm in the market for a new monitor and this sounds just like what I want. I'm running a 2080ti at 4k currently and this monitor works out just short of 4k resolution I believe?

Am I likely to have an compatibility issues with games with this resolution?

Soldato
I'm in the market for a new monitor and this sounds just like what I want. I'm running a 2080ti at 4k currently and this monitor works out just short of 4k resolution I believe?

It's just shy of the pixel count of 4K, but the PPI is that of a 27" 1440p monitor. If you're at 4K at present, it won't be as sharp (unless you're at 40"+ currently)

The 1080p 32:9 has been around for a while, so looking at people's gaming experiences with that should give you an idea as to compatibility.

Associate
OP

I think it should be fine with that GTX but not sure if you can handle 120hz at high setting.

Lots of new games run at 32:9 with no problem, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Associate
It's just shy of the pixel count of 4K, but the PPI is that of a 27" 1440p monitor. If you're at 4K at present, it won't be as sharp (unless you're at 40"+ currently)

The 1080p 32:9 has been around for a while, so looking at people's gaming experiences with that should give you an idea as to compatibility.

I've got a Philips BDM4065UC which is 40" and has a pixel density of 110ppi. This new monitor is 108.54ppi so pretty much the same. Subject to it not being silly in price I think I shall order one :D

Associate
32:9 seems to be a silly aspect ratio for gaming. More suitable for work IMO.
I don't think so, if someone is looking for more immersion than 21:9, it's fine, PC gaming isn't quite like cinema where 21:9 makes more sense. Regardless, I do agree that this monitor is going to be excellent for productivity, in my case I have to look at a lot of charts and data updated in real-time so this CRG9 with its 5120x1440 is very attractive.

Associate
Dumb question, currently in the stone age around my monitor. I run a 23" Panel in the 1920/1080 resolution I notice that is 16:9 aspect ratio. Scared something like this may be too much of an increase. I often use my PC for Videos and Gaming. No productivity.

Soldato
Dumb question, currently in the stone age around my monitor. I run a 23" Panel in the 1920/1080 resolution I notice that is 16:9 aspect ratio. Scared something like this may be too much of an increase. I often use my PC for Videos and Gaming. No productivity.

The 1080p equivalent of this (also 32:9 ratio) has been around for over a year now, and there are loads of videos on YouTube on it, so best you take a look at those and see how people find it. The experience will be generally the same for Videos/Gaming with this new 1440p variant, just at a higher resolution

Associate
OP
OcUK Staff
:cool:

Samsung C49RG90SSU 49" 5120x1440 VA FreeSync 2 120Hz QLED 32:9 Curved Gaming Monitor @ £1,249.99 inc VAT https://www.overclockers.co.uk/Sams...LED-32-9-Curved-Gaming-Monitor-MO-23U-SA.html

5120x1440 Display Resolution, 49" Screen Size, HDR 1000, 4ms Response Time, FreeSync 2, 120Hz Refresh Rate, Height Adjust, HDMI, DP

Only £1,249.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Dual QHD Display
The CRG9’s 5120 x 1440 Dual QHD resolution provides a super ultra-wide aspect ratio that lets you view more content in superfine detail. With screen space equivalent to two 27-inch QHD displays side by side, the 49-inch curved monitor delivers a wider view for winning play.

Super Ultra-Wide Curve
With a Super Ultra-Wide 32:9 ratio, the CRG9 curves around your field of view to immerse you in all the onscreen gaming action.

HDR1000 and QLED
HDR1000 supports a peak brightness rating of 1,000 nits for true high dynamic range (HDR content). And with Samsung QLED technology delivering DCI-P3 95%, colors are purer, brighter and truer to life than ever.<br>

AMD Radeon FreeSync™ 2
Based on the adaptive sync technology of the original AMD Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR Technology to reduce stutter and screen tearing, premium features in FreeSync 2 include support for HDR content display, reduced input latency, and Low Framerate Compensation (LFC) for effortlessly smooth gameplay.<br>

120 Hz Refresh Rate
The rapid 120 Hz screen refresh rate minimizes image lag and motion blur for smoother gaming. The user-friendly 60 Hz settings let you quickly optimize performance via the on-screen display without having to access the display setting menu.<br>

Play to Win
The game-optimized monitor is designed to let you play to win. Turn on Game Mode to instantly adjust contrast and color settings for any game genre, switch to Low Input Lag Mode for even faster response times, and target your enemies more accurately with Virtual Aim Point onscreen crosshairs.<br>

Picture-by-Picture
With Picture-by-Picture you can connect and view input sources without degrading the original image quality. Picture-by-Picture offers convenience for PC games. For example, you can watch a movie and do a web search whilst playing your favorite game.

Eye Comfort
Eye Saver Mode reduces fatigue-inducing blue light emissions and Flicker Free technology suppresses distracting screen flicker, letting you play for longer with less eye strain.<br>

Optimized Viewing
The swivel/tilt and height-adjustable stand offers all the flexibility you need to position the screen for maximum comfort. The panel’s VESA Standard mount also offers the option of mounting on VESA-compatible arms.<br>

Last edited:
Associate
:cool:

Samsung C49RG90SSU 49" 5120x1440 VA FreeSync 2 120Hz QLED 32:9 Curved Gaming Monitor @ £1,249.99 inc VAT

5120x1440 Display Resolution, 49" Screen Size, HDR 1000, 4ms Response Time, FreeSync 2, 120Hz Refresh Rate, Height Adjust, HDMI, DP

Only £1,249.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Dual QHD Display
The CRG9’s 5120 x 1440 Dual QHD resolution provides a super ultra-wide aspect ratio that lets you view more content in superfine detail. With screen space equivalent to two 27-inch QHD displays side by side, the 49-inch curved monitor delivers a wider view for winning play.

Super Ultra-Wide Curve
With a Super Ultra-Wide 32:9 ratio, the CRG9 curves around your field of view to immerse you in all the onscreen gaming action.

HDR1000 and QLED
HDR1000 supports a peak brightness rating of 1,000 nits for true high dynamic range (HDR content). And with Samsung QLED technology delivering DCI-P3 95%, colors are purer, brighter and truer to life than ever.<br>

AMD Radeon FreeSync™ 2
Based on the adaptive sync technology of the original AMD Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR Technology to reduce stutter and screen tearing, premium features in FreeSync 2 include support for HDR content display, reduced input latency, and Low Framerate Compensation (LFC) for effortlessly smooth gameplay.<br>

120 Hz Refresh Rate
The rapid 120 Hz screen refresh rate minimizes image lag and motion blur for smoother gaming. The user-friendly 60 Hz settings let you quickly optimize performance via the on-screen display without having to access the display setting menu.<br>

Play to Win
The game-optimized monitor is designed to let you play to win. Turn on Game Mode to instantly adjust contrast and color settings for any game genre, switch to Low Input Lag Mode for even faster response times, and target your enemies more accurately with Virtual Aim Point onscreen crosshairs.<br>

Picture-by-Picture
With Picture-by-Picture you can connect and view input sources without degrading the original image quality. Picture-by-Picture offers convenience for PC games. For example, you can watch a movie and do a web search whilst playing your favorite game.

Eye Comfort
Eye Saver Mode reduces fatigue-inducing blue light emissions and Flicker Free technology suppresses distracting screen flicker, letting you play for longer with less eye strain.<br>

Optimized Viewing
The swivel/tilt and height-adjustable stand offers all the flexibility you need to position the screen for maximum comfort. The panel’s VESA Standard mount also offers the option of mounting on VESA-compatible arms.<br>

Before I hit the order button, when can I expect to take delivery?

Associate
I'm trying to figure out the PBP feature on this, looking at the menu's it will be the same as the c49hg90 - but I find any reviews or videos on how it works. Does it / can it share a keyboard mouse plugged into the monitor?

Back
Top Bottom