** SAMSUNG 4K 240/165HZ ODYSSEY NEO G8/G7 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Thank you both for your replies! Really helpful.

Hi mate, I'm not sure if I can help but I'm just going to give an honest review.

I bought the Neo g8 in June and I have the LS32BG850NUXXU version. I actually did order 2 from different places and the other one turned up which was a newer model the version was LS32BG850NPXXU. I had a quick look online and there wasn't really much info other than it used slightly less power.

Is this why there's 2 different version for both Neo G8 and G7 on e buyer? You can see different version formats. Why didn't you keep the "newer one"?

Different Part Numbers, different prices o_O

Neo G8s

LS32BG850NPXXU https://www.******.com/1832036-samsung-32-neo-g8-uhd-240hz-mini-led-odyssey-gaming-monitor-ls32bg850npxxu

LS32BG850NUXXU https://www.******.com/1537696-samsung-32-odyssey-ls32bg850nuxxu-3840x2160-va-240hz-1ms-freesync-g-sync-hdr-curved-gaming-ls32bg850nuxxu

Neo G7s

LS32BG750NUXXU https://www.******.com/1537697-samsung-32-odyssey-ls32bg750nuxxu-3840x2160-va-165hz-1ms-freesync-g-sync-hdr-curved-gaming-ls32bg750nuxxu

LS32BG750NPXXU https://www.******.com/1832430-samsung-32-g75nb-uhd-mini-led-165hz-odyssey-gaming-monitor-ls32bg750npxxu

Can't add hyperlinks for e buyer for some reason

I'm not sure which I should buy in all honesty, there's no information whatsoever if there's even any QC improvements or anything.

I have a Neo G7, which I got over the G8 to avoid scan lines. If they were the same price I might have chosen differently though.

I did have a little bit of this; rarely it would flicker slightly for a few seconds in games. It hasn't done it for a while though - I'm not sure if that's because I updated the monitor's firmware, or from a GPU driver update. It was never really a problem anyway.

Small light objects on a dark background can look noticably dimmer when they move, but under most circumstances there is none, or not enough to be visible without specifically looking for it. Generally the monitor is very fast.

HDR is one of the best features of these monitors, so you're missing out if you're not going to make use of it.

Oh, I'd definitely be using HDR if I'm gaming on my desk, what I meant is it isn't the BIG thing for me as for HDR I'm already taking the PC to the living room to use the LG C9!
And with the G7, at 165hz you don't see any scan lines?

My main concern again, was mostly VRR flickering while normally in game, in menus it's absolutely normal on almost all screens. Also, regarding "blooming" due to auto-dimming on desktop, do you have it set to Auto? Does it work well in desktop? And VRR Control or whatever that is, I read it jumps the input lag to 10ms but fixed some flickering issues or something, I'm guessing that's not needed nowadays with current firmwares?

Last edited:
Associate
...Also, regarding "blooming" due to auto-dimming on desktop, do you have it set to Auto? Does it work well in desktop?..
I have it set to auto at the moment. It's clear that they tuned local dimming to minimize blooming - there's pretty much none. If anything they have tuned it too far the other way, so that e.g. white text on a black background can be hard to read. It's usable generally though.

...And VRR Control or whatever that is, I read it jumps the input lag to 10ms but fixed some flickering issues or something, I'm guessing that's not needed nowadays with current firmwares?
As far as I know, it was added to fix problems in older models of monitor, and isn't needed with these.

Associate
The reason I went for the older model was it was £200 cheaper lol.
Yeah, not quite £200 difference atm. But it's insane when there's virtually no difference... How much did you get yours for? Trying to get s sense of what a ressonable price might be

Soldato
FYI many games still have really bad HDR implementations, Enable HDR in Windows then run the free Windows HDR calibration tool from the MS store, It really makes a difference.

Next download and install the latest version of SpecialK which you can get from the authors own Discord, Link to it from his website which has a version of SpecialK but it's a few versions behind the one on his Discord.

Pretty easy to setup and massively worth it, If you need help setting it up just let me know and I'll post up some example pics, Really easy to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom