Samsung A70 6.7" 4500 no curved screen ~£400

Underboss
Photos will be backed up to www.photos.google.com if it's enabled, and you could check www.drive.google.com as well.

As far as the screen goes, check www.samsungrepair.com. It's £129 for a new screen and they'll do it on your doorstep :)

£130 !
thats good tbh

just ordered a new phone from Samsung Direct lol
but ill send that back if i can get this one repaired cheap enough

EDIT/

Time slots, not good for me

24th (im working
27th (im working)

hmm

Soldato
Fantastic screen, great battery life, and fast. Great screen for watching downloaded Netflix stuff etc. To me the camera is fine, no complaints and very happy with the pics I've taken.

I use facial recognition so don't use the fingerprint reader that much, but when I do it works well enough. They've improved it with updates. Within apps like banking, lottery etc the fingerprint reader is fast and accurate, never an issue. Curious that it is a bit slower and more picky when unlocking the screen, but again it works well enough.

Yes the "S" models get priority on updates, but they do still come in a decent amount of time.

I can't see any justification myself for the extra money for an "S". This is a superb phone and I recommend it.

Caporegime
I use facial recognition so don't use the fingerprint reader that much, but when I do it works well enough. They've improved it with updates. Within apps like banking, lottery etc the fingerprint reader is fast and accurate, never an issue. Curious that it is a bit slower and more picky when unlocking the screen, but again it works well enough.

I find the same, really inaccurate for unlocking the screen but just about OK for unlocking apps.

Soldato
Nice screen, nice battery life, good performance, crap camera and finger print reader. Updates very slow.

Cheers for the quick reponse!

Fantastic screen, great battery life, and fast. Great screen for watching downloaded Netflix stuff etc. To me the camera is fine, no complaints and very happy with the pics I've taken.

Yes the "S" models get priority on updates, but they do still come in a decent amount of time.

I can't see any justification myself for the extra money for an "S". This is a superb phone and I recommend it.

Thanks! :)

The real trouble here is I need a phone today(ish) and this looks my best bet.

Caporegime
How is it £170 ? I see £369 less £40 discount = £329, less £100 any old Android trade-in = net £229

There was £60 Samsung cashback plus £100 trade in. Cant find if the cashback is still on though so may have expired.

Edit - looks like its expired. I think it was 329 with 60 cashback and 100 trade in discount.

Soldato
It was the last update that made my fingerprint scanner on the A70 work perfectly well. Before that it was very hit and miss. I did re-register my thumb for the four possible fingerprints that it can store and it had been perfect.

Response and screen wise it has been great.

The camera does seem to be average. I would suggest disappointing but that was because I came from a LG G6 which had a pretty good and sharp camera.

I bought mine through a Samsung discount and trade in offer.

Overall good buy.

Soldato
Forgot to post back here! Nipped into town a week ago and picked up a new A70. Very happy with it so far even if the fingerprint reader is on the wrong side of the phone! :p (coming from a rear mounted reader...)

Back
Top Bottom