Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
What are you on about? There's no 3D convertor in this phone, it would've been hyped as a pretty major feature.

I seriously doubt that Samsung are selling it at under half cost price sim free, either.

Man of Honour
What are you on about? There's no 3D convertor in this phone, it would've been hyped as a pretty major feature.

I seriously doubt that Samsung are selling it at under half cost price sim free, either.

doubt it all you will, as for the converter, im only telling you what i was told, so again doubt it if you will, I've seen it in action though ? and I've been presented it in all is glory and had it for an hour to play around with.

have you ?

Last edited:
Associate
doubt it all you will, as for the converter, im only telling you what i was told, so again doubt it if you will, I've seen it in action though ? and I've been presented it in all is glory and had it for an hour to play around with.

have you ?

You sure you didnt go see the new nintendo handheld lol only joking But as far as im aware the galaxy s only has a normal amoled screen so how the hell can it do 3d without glasses etc? This feature is nowhere to be seen on samsungs product page for the phone either.......The chip (CPU) isnt 4x faster than snapdragon but it has 4x the gpu muslce it can render 90 million triangles per second as opposed to 22 million for snapdragon....... The Iphone 4's screen is also higher resolution than the galaxy S and smaller so has a higher pixel density so not sure how they are measuring its better.....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You sure you didnt go see the new nintendo handheld lol only joking But as far as im aware the galaxy s only has a normal amoled screen so how the hell can it do 3d without glasses etc? This feature is nowhere to be seen on samsungs product page for the phone either.......

No, it has a Super AMOLED screen, which is considered quite a big step up from normal AMOLED like on the Desire.

Associate
No, it has a Super AMOLED screen, which is considered quite a big step up from normal AMOLED like on the Desire.

Fair point but SUPER AMOLED means 20% less power, 20% Brighter and 80% less reflective in sunlight compared with standard AMOLED. "SUPER" doesnt mean it can display 3d without glasses though......... For that you need Parallax barrier or some other screen technology if your not using glasses surely?

Of course I would love to be proved wrong and just been reading up on Autostereoscopy so looks like it is possible for 3d without glasses but would need either a parallax barrier display or some sort of lens maybe fitten in front of the screen to create the 3d effect?

Last edited:
Soldato
yes i did.

and believe me its amazing.

the screen apparenly is the best screen around and i include the iphone 4 in that, the speed, everything aboutt it as well as the swipe text app which i saw in operation and is seriously amazing.

apparenttly this phone costs samsung £1200 to make, it has the only 3d converter processor for watching true 3D movies, it is the only true 3D phone, it has the same sound system chip as in the audi R8 by bang and olufsen. the chip is 1ghz but is 4X faster than the snapdragon processor, the list goes on.

watch apples marketing for the iphone4 change as the screen is better, stronger higher res and simply better in everyway than the iphone 4.

how do samsung know this, they tested i as not suprisingly samsung supply bits for the iphone4.

the bloke said the super amo screen would cost £20k to make a 32inch version !

this is one seriously phenomenal phone guys.

This has got to be the funniest thing ive read all day :D.

Do you also believe everthing written in The Sun.

£1200 to make each phone, 3d (and 3d with no glasses), same audio prossessor as a B&O system, highter res than the iphone 4. Blimey...:D:D:D:p

Was it a demo by steve jobs?

Caporegime
OP
yes i did.

and believe me its amazing.

the screen apparenly is the best screen around and i include the iphone 4 in that, the speed, everything aboutt it as well as the swipe text app which i saw in operation and is seriously amazing.

apparenttly this phone costs samsung £1200 to make, it has the only 3d converter processor for watching true 3D movies, it is the only true 3D phone, it has the same sound system chip as in the audi R8 by bang and olufsen. the chip is 1ghz but is 4X faster than the snapdragon processor, the list goes on.

watch apples marketing for the iphone4 change as the screen is better, stronger higher res and simply better in everyway than the iphone 4.

how do samsung know this, they tested i as not suprisingly samsung supply bits for the iphone4.

the bloke said the super amo screen would cost £20k to make a 32inch version !

this is one seriously phenomenal phone guys.

lol, lol... oh and...

lol.

Man of Honour
is funny you lo laughing, but seeing as though part of my job is to sell the phone as many others, the presentation was given by a samsung rep, however why would he lie ?

also on top of that prove that I'm wrong ? none of you have actually seen the phone or read anything more than internet reviews ?

yet obviously you know far more.

just trying to pass on info ive been given and seen.

Man of Honour
Do tell us if it has the magical ability to make 2D films 3D as well.

jeez is it so hard for you to comprehend ?

it does using the 2d-3d converter true us no 3d in the sense of avatar wearing glasses but it does make the video look 3D its kinda hard to explain.

wait till it comes out, then watch a video.

and if you dont believe in 2d o 3d conversion google it, samsung are going to include i in there TVs in the future, from hat the guy said and i saw its also in his phone.

its truly difficult to understand why you have a problem with this. if you dont believe me wait till its out and go and watch a video.

ill repeat again here guys i dont work for samsung, i was in a presentation as part of my job, used the phone, and listened and asked questions around the technology used, some of the info did seem a little far fetched but the rep seemed to know the answers to all the questions and skepticism in he room so take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Tell me one single preview of this phone that mentions the screens pseudo-3D capabilities... or was it a super secret not released to the poblic and ignored by all the professional sites that had a hands-on go with the device?

And as for "part of your job being to sell it to others", considering the absolute nuggets ive seen in the UK phone stores, it doesn't surprise me.

If i'm wrong I will gladly chew some humbe pie, it wouldn't be the first time and won't e the last, but I have seen NOTHING to indicate it has anything other than 3D acceleration. Don't you think it would have been raised at least once in the media?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
mate i dont sit around reading phone reviews, all i am saying is what i was told and what I saw. I dont work in a phone store.

since this though i have scoured the web for info on this and i cant see it anywhere so I am beginning to see the reasons behind the sceptcism.

maybe he was lying I dont know.

Man of Honour
Why would a salesman lie? Naive beyond belief.

lol jeez. is everyone on here the pessimistic type who doesnt believe anything other than cold hard facts presented via patent and court order ? at the end of the day its a phone, that by the thread none of you have seen, wait till you do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom