Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Just got email saying mine is coming tomorrow, instead of 2nd Feb, phew.

As for the Face ID - just don't bother with it, fingerprint is way better anyway.

Same for screen protector - don't bother, so much better without.

Associate
the samsung provided free screen protector are rubbish. Just wasted both , bubbles galore
20240124-183511.jpg

watched this video too, did not help

will have to go without a screen protector

why could samsung not just include one attached like they did on S21+

What are the options ? take it to a samsung store ?
As long as it's not dust, the bubbles will clear, give them a few hrs.

Associate
Meh, was let down by DPD. Had an original time of 1418-1518, when they blew past that I had an email to say it was delayed, but don't worry it'll be before 1648, then they just went radio silent when they missed that.

The guy really must have had a hard day. I'm sure it'll be here tomorrow.
Edit, New driver, new time of 1915-2015.

Wow, I honestly wrote them off. Fair play.

Associate
the samsung provided free screen protector are rubbish. Just wasted both , bubbles galore
20240124-183511.jpg

Are these the screen protectors that are on the Samsung website?

Reactions: W50
Soldato
The screen protector QR codes link to a private video you can't even open, it's kind of ridiculous!

I had to use the same one linked a few replies up, it's not terrible, but the middle bit with the peeling off half section confused me for a bit :D

Soldato
And so begins my entire evening of setting back up biometrics, checking every single app, setting all my custom notification tones back in apps that don't backup those settings to the cloud (most do), setting the mobile petrol payment apps back up....

Funnily enough though the main apps like Microsoft Authenticator all pulled down and restored my 2FA codes perfectly as part of the initial backup and restore via Smart Switch, not seen that before last year as had to manually restore via the MSA app from the MS cloud.
Honestly surprised Samsung or someone else hasn't mastered backups as well as Apple have been doing for many years, literally the only apps that don't transfer over on iPhones is banking apps, everything else is pretty much a 1 to 1 clone of your old device.

Associate
20240124-183511.jpg

Are these the screen protectors that are on the Samsung website?

Associate
My S24 is all setup now - working very well.

Used the Spigen EZ Fit Tempered Glass screen protector - was so easy to fit - aligned with a tray and all done - had a couple of small bubbles and they came straight out with the tool that they provide.

Also used a Spigen Tough Armor Case - used these for several years and never had a problem or a broken phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Honestly surprised Samsung or someone else hasn't mastered backups as well as Apple have been doing for many years, literally the only apps that don't transfer over on iPhones is banking apps, everything else is pretty much a 1 to 1 clone of your old device.
Is it tho? Not my experience. Took a good amount of faffing to get from 13 to 15.

Soldato
Soldato
Has anyone worked out how to transfer an eSIM using the phone?

Also just noticed we have better adaptive charging! About time.
"Basic, advanced and maximum" options

Man of Honour
Has anyone worked out how to transfer an eSIM using the phone?

Also just noticed we have better adaptive charging! About time.
"Basic, advanced and maximum" options
This completely depends on your network. With EE you need to use the EE app to "replace an eSIM", it gives you a QR code which you then scan with the camera on the new phone and then get a prompt to connect to the eSIM network. You then wait for it to provision and off you go.

What do the non photographers here use?

12,50 or 200MP?
Unless there's a specific need to, then there's no reason to ever use any MP above 12MP really. You also reduce the scope of features available using anything but 12MP anyway. I use the default 12MP mode at all times unless I am shooting in Pro mode as I specifically want to save the RAW file to work on in Lightroom later, but that's like maybe 1 time out of 100.

Is it bad for the phone to use a charger that's more than 45w?
No, all phones will only pull up to what they are rated to pull from the power source, regardless of what wall charger you use.

what's the alternative? a glass screen? or just leave it unprotected. Samsung must have know the anti-reflective protectors are rubbish so gave 2 for free
:)
The alternative is to not scratch your screen :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom