Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
Me too , label printed off the post office before the rush
;)
How did you get the post office portal to work everytime I put my home address in the Home Address box it shows my address them just clears the box, It never saves the address.

65Retfx.jpg

Soldato
For someone who hasn't receive the watch yet, is it possible to fill this out in advance or do they ask for the serial?
Was wondering the same and checked T&Cs, price only valid for 14 days

Unsure if it asks for serial but would be good to know

When your order has been placed, the prices quoted are guaranteed for 14 days. If your phone/device is received after 14 days from the order placed date the updated, current prices will apply.

Envirofone.com will have the final decision on all device values.

Last edited:
Soldato
I use a third party tool from WonderShare that does a much better job and doesn't require a fresh install. Just done it now to move WhatsApp from 15PM to S24U, all done within 20 mins.
I've tried it again using the official way.. failed at 96%!!!! after near 2hrs. Insane.

wondershare is like £50 isnt it? :/ feels wrong paying for something that should just work..

nam

nam

Soldato
despite my best efforts still managed to get a air bubble bottom left of screen near edge using the spigen glass screen. Will leave for 24 hr to see if any change

20240125-123316.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I've tried it again using the official way.. failed at 96%!!!! after near 2hrs. Insane.

wondershare is like £50 isnt it? :/ feels wrong paying for something that should just work..
The official one has worked for me in the past but I had a license from many moons ago so use it instead, plus it allows me to restore Cloud backups of the device.

Soldato
Sheesh the cameras are noise fest. I'll get some pictures later to compare iPhone 15 pro Vs s24u but currently it's disappointing. I know it'll probably be corrected but it's not your first pancake Samsung, do better.

Associate
Sheesh the cameras are noise fest. I'll get some pictures later to compare iPhone 15 pro Vs s24u but currently it's disappointing. I know it'll probably be corrected but it's not your first pancake Samsung, do better.

A case of software over hardware again by the sounds of it. Just try and wipe the floor from the get go! How's the shutter lag?

Soldato
A case of software over hardware again by the sounds of it. Just try and wipe the floor from the get go! How's the shutter lag?
Shutter lag is not bad, not something that stands out at all so I'm going to say they're fine on that front.

I'll be honest. From a phone I want the easiest point and shoot experience. I need to simply take a shot and have a decent result. Apple managed that, my previous pixel 6 did that too. This is currently very flaky and hard to trust. Yes I could go to pro mode, adjust settings etc and it's good to have but out of the box it should be able to handle the normal living room day scenario without introducing tones of noise. Apple delivers that and I can in a dumb way trust the camera. This isnt there yet.

Funny enough, 3x camera/sensor seems to be the best overall sharpness/noise etc wise.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Shutter lag is not bad, not something that stands out at all so I'm going to say they're fine on that front.

I'll be honest. From a phone I want the easiest point and shoot experience. I need to simply take a shot and have a decent result. Apple managed that, my previous pixel 6 did that too. This is currently very flaky and hard to trust. Yes I could go to pro mode, adjust settings etc and it's good to have but out of the box it should be able to handle the normal living room day scenario without introducing tones of noise. Apple delivers that and I can in a dumb way trust the camera. This isnt there yet.

But it might well get an update very shortly that solves it.

I would at least wait and see before getting too concerned.

Associate
Anyone actually managed to claim the Disney+ sub? Apparently my device is not eligible and looking at the boost website it doesn't list the s24 yet.

In the preorder is definitely mentions it and I took a screenshot as Samsung has a habit of hiding these away

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom