Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Man of Honour
I designed that wavy building you see in your photos
That's actually amazing! Architect or engineering?

For the photos above that I posted, there is some grain introduced, something we noticed before as well. I haven't done any noise reduction, just the usual colour grade and export in Lightroom Mobile. Twitter leaksters say that the camera update is due this month, so will be looking forward to seeing what image processing stuff they tweak to improve that area.

Last edited:
Associate

The night video smoothness and clarity at 4k60 is just excellent for this sort of use :cool:

Also took some pics around Battersea Powerstation:

gOeNjGd.jpeg
SzUzAtB.jpeg
BkTz5Nd.jpeg

jN2W3hL.jpeg
ybby4wr.jpeg

Oh and my review is up!

Brilliant review and captured everything in a nice balanced way , similar to my own views on it

Associate
Started using it myself, been using Chrome then Brave for years and always uninstalled or disabled the Samsung Browser.

It's very very good and is now my default browser , Chrome stops you from blocking a lot of adds due to that being most of Google Revenue stream via Ads, Brave is good but love the configurability of Samsung Browser
I just tend to use Nextdns, block ads throughout the full phone!

Associate
That's actually amazing! Architect or engineering?

For the photos above that I posted, there is some grain introduced, something we noticed before as well. I haven't done any noise reduction, just the usual colour grade and export in Lightroom Mobile. Twitter leaksters say that the camera update is due this month, so will be looking forward to seeing what image processing stuff they tweak to improve that area.

Engineering. The ‘wavy’ building is art’Otels. Currently working on 1 Leadenhall if you fancy getting some photos on your travels :)

Man of Honour
Can you get me views from the top?! If so then I'll get you all the photos you want :D

I was bummed out by Battersea this weekend though, booked the Lift 109 attraction but within 30 mins of the timeslot coming up they emailed saying a technical issue meant the whole even was cancelled for the day. Was looking forward to the 360 degree views from the top of the tower!

Edit*

Forgot to add some night shots using the wide and ultra-wide. Normal photo mode just manually long pressed to lock exposure:

0e8Bdce.jpeg
74mIaKu.jpeg

I remember the days when phone cameras metering systems would throw a fit and give up in this sort of coloured lighting :p

Last edited:
Associate
Can you get me views from the top?! If so then I'll get you all the photos you want :D

I was bummed out by Battersea this weekend though, booked the Lift 109 attraction but within 30 mins of the timeslot coming up they emailed saying a technical issue meant the whole even was cancelled for the day. Was looking forward to the 360 degree views from the top of the tower!

Edit*

Forgot to add some night shots using the wide and ultra-wide. Normal photo mode just manually long pressed to lock exposure:

0e8Bdce.jpeg
74mIaKu.jpeg

I remember the days when phone cameras metering systems would throw a fit and give up in this sort of coloured lighting :p

I shall when the construction completes up there! It’s not quite there yet, these were taken September last year. A lot of the external glass is now installed and the core has reached level 34 (I believe)

IMG-0650.jpg

IMG-0651.jpg

Associate
I shall when the construction completes up there! It’s not quite there yet, these were taken September last year. A lot of the external glass is now installed and the core has reached level 34 (I believe)

IMG-0650.jpg

IMG-0651.jpg
Amazing how quickly it changes, I walk past this one regularly.

We are up in 22 Bishopgate near the top, amazing 360 views of the city

Last edited:
Associate
Picked up S23U last year, will skip this gen as it doesn't offer ground breaking stuff to even notice the difference (for what i use)
Would be interesting to see how far AI tech will take S24U not just optimizing photos but whatever else that might be
Almost pulled a trigger and traded in but extra £600 didn't seem like a good investment for a very minor upgrade

Associate
Picked up S23U last year, will skip this gen as it doesn't offer ground breaking stuff to even notice the difference (for what i use)
Would be interesting to see how far AI tech will take S24U not just optimizing photos but whatever else that might be
Almost pulled a trigger and traded in but extra £600 didn't seem like a good investment for a very minor upgrade
I agree, it was worth it for me for roughly £260 extra over s23u(over 12 months 0% :D) and I am happy I did it, but £600 is way too much.

W50

W50

Associate
You're right and probably made the right choice in all fairness.
I sat on the fence for a few days, trying out the S24u and comparing it to the S23u and when it came to taking photos, the S23u came out on top most of the time. On a few occasions the S24u was slightly better.
Like srekal34 it came down to how much this cost me to change, but I am gambling on a decent software update to be released to resolve some camera issues (focus issues). If this doesn't happen, then I'm going to be very disappointed in the long term.

Man of Honour
Mine has finally gone to "Preparing for Dispatch" after couple of weeks waiting; looking forward to the flat screen to be honest and while I'm not expecting a huge upgrade its worth it to me for the relatively low cost of upgrade.

Reactions: W50

W50

W50

Associate
Mine has finally gone to "Preparing for Dispatch" after couple of weeks waiting; looking forward to the flat screen to be honest and while I'm not expecting a huge upgrade its worth it to me for the relatively low cost of upgrade.
My wife's still waiting for her s24 to be shipped, even though last week it implied you could order one for next day!?
She is due to receive the watch today, so I hope the phone will be sent shortly.

Back
Top Bottom