Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
These are for my everyday use:

For anything specific I fire up Expert RAW.
I shall pinch (most of) these settings! I don't do anything with photos after taking them really so JPEG in raw mode is fine for me.

Do you have any idea how the swipe or hold shutter button taking an extra photo works, when enabling take photo as soon as shutter button is touched in camera assistant?

I've enabled it and can see it takes a photo as soon as it's touched, but holding it doesn't seem to do anything different, same with swiping up, while swiping down engages the rapid burst mode.

Last edited:
Soldato
I normally don't use a case with my phone, but kind of tempted to keep it nice and shiny for as long as possible. I got the official silicone case with one of the promos, but don't like it at all - feels very slippy and cheap.

Do people have any other particular recommendations?

Also, are 'lens protectors' worth it? Never used one before but always thought that that's the part that I can see getting scratched easily when putting the phone down etc.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Finally can see proper colours again, so much better, especially when gaming.

Will play around with the camera later to see the improvements.

Man of Honour
I shall pinch (most of) these settings! I don't do anything with photos after taking them really so JPEG in raw mode is fine for me.

Do you have any idea how the swipe or hold shutter button taking an extra photo works, when enabling take photo as soon as shutter button is touched in camera assistant?

I've enabled it and can see it takes a photo as soon as it's touched, but holding it doesn't seem to do anything different, same with swiping up, while swiping down engages the rapid burst mode.
I've not seen ina extra photos and don't use the swipe actions either so would not affect me either way!

Man of Honour
It's weird naming but it's effectively what would otherwise be image sharpening. By setting max softening you're telling it to not apply any sharpening to the output which often comes out too harsh. Much better manually adding sharpening if needed in a photo editor afterwards.

Associate
It's weird naming but it's effectively what would otherwise be image sharpening. By setting max softening you're telling it to not apply any sharpening to the output which often comes out too harsh. Much better manually adding sharpening if needed in a photo editor afterwards.

Ah, so its completely the opposite of what you might think its doing!

Man of Honour
That's how it worked on the S23 Ultra yeah as with it off you'd get the whole frame having oo much sharpness processing which then resulted in extra noise in shadow areas. This sseems to still be the case on the S24 Ultra although it's much better probably due to the new AI image processing gubbins in the camera app. I'll probably run it on each setting for a few shot types and see if it can be left on off on the new phones.

Associate
Seems like we had a slightly different update to the guys in the US, AXB7 for them and AXB5 for us, we has a larger download also, wonder what the differences were because I'm sure we usually have the same update version.

Back
Top Bottom