*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G Thread***

Soldato
I really want this phone, i found a korean version of the phone for £1253 (256gb)

Its the same as the global version but a few korean apps that can't be uninstalled. Thoughts?

I personally wouldn't risk it. There's been somes UK deals that wasn't that far off this price. But my main concern would be your eligibility for 1 time cheap screen replacement if something went wrong. And this is coming from someone who's imported their two previous phones from Asia. I don't have total faith in the foldable screen, dust or accidental knocks could break it.

Associate
I removed the screen protector on mine. I've heard conflicting views on removing it but had to remove mine when it started peeling from the middle. It really does look quite a lot better, but perhaps you wouldn't notice it as much if you hadn't used it for several months with the supplied protector on.

I replaced it with a cheapish one from the rainforest and am pleasantly surprised at how much improved the screen quality remains with a different one on. If you haven't replaced yours yet, it's well worth doing.

Associate
Hi all

Had this phone now a couple of weeks and loving it!

Quick question... I brought a wireless charger for this phone for my car (it was posted here a few pages back) from alliexpress

Question is... I can only charge phone wireless if the power button and volume button is facing down. This is an issue for me because with force and weight it presses against the volume button which I can't use as I use Bluetooth audio to car

Can you only wireless charge it with buttons facing down and not so that they are facing up.. is this my device having issues or the way its designed?

Cheers

Soldato
I managed to get an S21 Ultra but the fold 2 is still king for me, such a good device to use. The only time I would go for the Ultra over the fold is when I'm certain I'll be using the camera and want the best images possible. Other than that the Fold is the business.

Associate
I managed to get an S21 Ultra but the fold 2 is still king for me, such a good device to use. The only time I would go for the Ultra over the fold is when I'm certain I'll be using the camera and want the best images possible. Other than that the Fold is the business.

I've got the s21 ultra and I still miss the fold 2!!! Pointless getting one now though I'll wait until the fold 3

Associate
I ready wanted the fold and ended up plumping for the S20+. There's nothing wrong with it per se, other than its not what I wanted.

I think I'll seriously consider moving to the fold 3 when it comes out, deffo check out the battery life though. Im charging the S20+ every night and at least once during the day

Soldato
Loving mine. Never had a single issue and definitely could never go back to a normal phone. After the first month or so I stopped being so carefull with it and it doesn't have a single scratch or anything. You really don't have to be too delicate with these. Just be sensible with them. My screen protector eventually started to peel off and been using it without since and it's much better. The only improvements I feel I'd want are a wider outside screen with 120hz and no camera cutouts.

Soldato
Everyone still got theirs?

Yep, no issues and I haven't been babying it too much. I only use a back cover and got some scratches around metal frame on the front. Still got all the original screen protectors on.

Will be looking forward to what the Fold 3 brings. I predict it will priced at a lower price point due to competition from the Chinese brands.

Back
Top Bottom